Sign in to follow this  
pre-Vet

squad Disembark from a MH-6 / MH-60 (REQ)

Hello everyone,

In my missions I often use ADuke's Helo pack and Cyborg11's Littlebirds pack.

as you would already know the passengers are sitting on the outside of the helo. in real life this will give the advantige to quickly disembark on the landigzone.

here begins my request: I cant get Arma II to disembark all the outside seats at once, all the AI soldiers wait to disembark one after one.

is there any way to get all the seats to disambark at once or at least a lot faster?

this would enhance reallity and cut down time on the ground for helo.

Thank you.

Hello everyone,

In my missions I often use ADuke's Helo pack and Cyborg11's Littlebirds pack.

as you would already know the passengers are sitting on the outside of the helo. in real life this will give the advantige to quickly disembark on the landigzone.

here begins my request: I cant get Arma II to disembark all the outside seats at once, all the AI soldiers wait to disembark one after one.

is there any way to get all the seats to disambark at once or at least a lot faster?

this would enhance reallity and cut down time on the ground for helo.

Thank you.

Check their height and speed maybe and then use this for all of them:

_soldier action ["eject", vehicle soldier]

So I think your's would be something like:

_soldier action ["eject", littlebird1]

And you would want to copy that for all of the men or there is also a way to apply it to all of them in a single command but I do not remember it.

(speed littlebird1) <= 5

That is a condition that will activate when the littlebird's speed is at or below 5. Not sure how fast you can get away with. You would also want to check height but I have never done that before so someone else will have to inform you on that one.

I haven't tried it, but the moveOut command seem to be the one you are looking for. I'm not sure how plausible it'd be to try to do something generic to overall make units disembark faster from LBs, but this should do for scripted/waypoint-bound events, or even work through for example addAction if the player is to command the cargo of AI to disembark.

Edited by Inkompetent

Thank you for your quick reactions and pushing me in the right direction, as I am a total noob at scripting, but in the meanwhile an expert at triggers an waypoints ;) I tried somethings with the Eject1.sqs script written by Matt Rochelle.

-placed a trigger activated by BLUEFOR with an eclipse radius of 10 in an invisible H

-On.Act= [nameofgroup,nameofplane] exec "scripts\Eject1.sqs"

-invisible H is the transport unload(careless) of an MH6, trigger activates at touchdown.(maybe just coincidence??)

made a nice and fast infill, due to low downtime no pilots ware hurt by enemy fire.

next time I will try more and ask less...

thanks Matt Rochelle. for the script

thanks Jakerod and Inkompetent for my first babysteps into the scipting world

I hope this will be usefull for more people!

Edited by pre-Vet
accuracy