Sign in to follow this  
niall0

A few questions.

Firstly, background info.

Im making a hunter/hunted style game for my group for none op nights. Just 1/2 hunted being chased by however many hunters. Here are a few issues I need help with.

1) Is there any way I can script Opfor (hunted) to randomly spawn in a few pre-defined spots as so it wont render the mission useless after being used, as the hunted will know where they start?

2) Is there any way to make Markers visible to Opfor or Blufor only? I tried searching but saw nothing.

3) Is there a way to make unit's spawn ONLY if the slot has been filled. this is so AI doesn't call out people that have been seen on the other side, when human blufor hasn't seen them.

4) Making it so if an opfor unit enters a vehicle it brings up a message saying so. (this is because getting off the island will involve a boat, and it's a bit gay having the Opfor drive for miles to finish the game. Plus, I only just thought of this and cba search it)

Many thanks in advance.

1) Is there any way I can script Opfor (hunted) to randomly spawn in a few pre-defined spots as so it wont render the mission useless after being used, as the hunted will know where they start?

Go to markers

Place an empty one (I normally use a dimension of .5 x .5)

Group it to the unit being hunted. The unit will now spawn either where is at at the moment or at the marker. You can do this with as many markers as you like.

2) Is there any way to make Markers visible to Opfor or Blufor only? I tried searching but saw nothing.

Most likely, but I do not know.

3) Is there a way to make unit's spawn ONLY if the slot has been filled. this is so AI doesn't call out people that have been seen on the other side, when human blufor hasn't seen them.

I think that when you play you can make it so that the open slots don't get filled up with AI.

4) Making it so if an opfor unit enters a vehicle it brings up a message saying so. (this is because getting off the island will involve a boat, and it's a bit gay having the Opfor drive for miles to finish the game. Plus, I only just thought of this and cba search it)

!(man in uh60_1)

That will trigger if the "man" is not in "uh60_1". So...

(man in uh60_1)

or

man in uh60_1

Should make it so that it will detect if "Man" IS in "uh60_1". I do not know how to do it with all vehicles though.

Cheers for your help, much appreceated (sp?)

The markers one has thrown a few people I have asked.

switch (side player) do {
 case EAST: {
   {_x setMarkerAlphaLocal 0} foreach ["Destroy1","Destroy2","Destroy3","InsertionWest","insert20","insert21",insert22"];
 };
 case WEST: {
   {_x setMarkerAlphaLocal 0} foreach ["Destroy4","Destroy5","Destroy6","InsertionEast","Gear","insert10","insert11"];
	  };
};

marker names are in quotes and can be whatever you want.

put that into your briefing.sqf