Sign in to follow this  
steelblood

A Zombie Mission

Hi everyone. At the moment i am in progress of making a "multi-option" Zombie mission with the use of Undead Mod. Basically the theory behind my mission is that there are multiple options the players can choose to do in order to complete it but there is also a basic line which they must complete.

What i want to happen is

A.) There is a base to defend against onslaughts of zombies ;). This brings me to my first request is there any way ( At the moment i am using the zombie spawn module) To make one module spawn then 2 modules worth of zombies then 3 etc... So the base defenders get a progressively harder mission to play. So please tell me is there anyway to allow this to happen or for normal units (say i didn't use modules) To re spawn but gradually more people spawn. Also is there a way ( This is still baring in mind i'm using the supplied module) To create a delay before the module starts ?

And the second part of the mission

B.) There is a helicopter in your base however it has no fuel so your team must organize a search party to go and find a "refueller" from the nearby airfield/city however they encounter resistance from local militia etc.But these people have to decide whether to take the Humvees and speed up the time to get the fuel (But the Humvee s will prove useful at the main base as it gets harder for the defenders) or they can take the Bus which is in the town/base. I don't have any questions for this part YET however i will be sure to add them as i go along.

So my questions are :confused:

1.) How do you make modules spawn on top of each other? (I know that isn't clear but you understand what i mean from what i have said already)

2.)Can you create a delay for modules to run ?

3.) Also i was wondering what you think the Lose conditions should be and whether there should be 2 options to win the game. I was thinking for the lose conditions either a leader for each of the groups and if that leader gets killed / infected then the game ends.

But i think that's kinda lame so please get back to me i know there's a lot of rubbish here but any help would be massively appreciated :D

Thanks a lot

Steel

Edited by steelblood

Just so you don't end up bumping this thread to hell, I'll take a look for you, matey :)

Just gotta wrap my head around some out-of-the-box thinking.

EDIT:

Okay, so for #2, you want a delay for the modules to run?

The spawn module is activated and deactivated with

MODULENAME setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false,true];

Where MODULENAME is the name of the module

Setting it to true again will make it continue to spawn.

If you set that to false, as it says, the spawn module will halt. Do this on mission start, maybe? Then, running off of a trigger with a time delay (go to the three 0's in the trigger creation. Set them all to the number you want, and go to the boxes to the left and select "Countdown", instead of "Timeout". In the 'OnAct' you change this variable from false to true, so it begins to spawn zombies.

To run an actual delay for this if you're running the spawn module out of a script, simply put in 'Sleep X;", where X is the number of seconds you want the delay running for, before the line that I showed you earlier that turns the module back on.

In regards to #1 - so you want it exponentially growing each 'round' of spawn? How many times does this occur, and on number of zombies does it start, and what does it finish on? How long should it take?

Hope this helps.

- HateDread

Edited by HateDread

Ok yeah thanks I like the idea of a delay at the beggining to give the defenders sometime to "Prepare" i'm thinking about some sort of build script possibly i don't know thats just an idea at the moment. But how do i make it so that once one modules "Worth" of zombies is dead then the next time the module runs another runs with it And also is there a way to set waypoints for modules :P Or something similar to a waypoint so they all move towards the target area.

+ I want the zombie number to grow in size for the entire game because the win condition is that they escape in the helicopter so basically i will set the zombies "Limit" to something ridiculous so it never seems to end.

Thanks alot

Steel

Edited by steelblood

I'll keep looking into the exponential zombie increase.

But about the waypoints for the module...

From documentation included with the mod;

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","MOVER",true];

- A "MOVER" group is basically doing what a "MIGRATING" group is doing

with the only difference that a waypoint can be given to that group

upon spawn to which the group will MOVE to then act like a "MIGRATING"

group.

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_WPPOS",WAYPOINTPOS,true];

Where WAYPOINTPOS determines the waypoint destination of a spawned

"MOVER" group.

Example:

- this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_WPPOS",position Car1,true];

- this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_WPPOS",[1234,5678],true];

Hope this helps.

- HateDread.

Yeah it possibly would if i understood the whole code thing i'm a total noob with scripts. I understand triggers a d basic codes etc but i don't know about this i'le look into it thanks again Dude :)

Steel

Well, if you name your module, you simple add it to the code, like this;

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","MOVER",true];

Which becomes;

MODULENAME setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","MOVER",true];

Or if it was in the initialisation field of the module, you replace 'MODULENAME' with 'this', as it still refers to the module, that way, and is kind of neater.

Do that for the waypoint command as well, but make sure you add in where you want the waypoint to be, such as;

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_WPPOS",position Base,true];

Where 'Base' is a location under the game logic menu (basically an invisible object you can use for this kind of stuff).

Hope that clears it up for you.

- HateDread

Yeah thanks alot once again your really helping :)

I was just wondering in the mod there is a undead location ( A Game Logic) How do game logics work do i place that somewhere and the undead should move towards that position or ?

Thanks

Steel

Game logics? Well...

I am only familiar with locations. They are simply ways to mark an area you can refer to. Ie. placing a location down, giving it a name, then being able to reference that position by the name.

I think Undead Location is simply a way of allowing the mission editor to do the same thing, but use those labelled as 'Undead Locations' for any references they use for the Undead Mod, so it kind of sorts out the different locations and their purpose, so it's easier to understand for future reference.

Think of a gamelogic location as a marker. You give it a name. You are able to reference this 'marker', as a location. So, if we use...

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_WPPOS",position LOCATION,true];

... we can use a gamelogic location, named LOCATION, or whatever you want it to be. It's just an easy way of selecting positions without actually writing in the coordinates, as that would be very tedious.

At least, that is my understanding of them.

OK thanks :) I was just wondering so do i have to enter something into the actual spawn modules for the zombies or even to the individual zombies ( If it didn't use spawn modules) In order for them to get to the location logic. Thanks again for this :D

OK thanks :) I was just wondering so do i have to enter something into the actual spawn modules for the zombies or even to the individual zombies ( If it didn't use spawn modules) In order for them to get to the location logic. Thanks again for this :D

In this case, yes.

Charon's zombie mod over-writes standard waypoints and move commands, so you couldn't simply put it in the initialisation field of a zombie unit and expect it to follow the command.

It has to be done via a "MOVER" style group, as I mentioned earlier.

Remember, you must put in the commands for sending the zombies to a particular location, and what type of zombie groups to spawn, in the initialisation field of the spawn module.

Hope that's everything regarding that, sorted :)

- HateDread

Yeah thanks i'm just gonna have to go into the editor and mess about with all this shizzle you have mentioned :)