Sign in to follow this  
mikeyholt

Graphical Problem - Win7 64bit

Hello, when I run ArmA, it loads up then the graphics go very odd, and I cannot run the game in the state its in.

My Specs :

Win7 64bit

Intel Core 2 Quad @2.5GHz

6GB DDR2 RAM

1TB HDD (Partitioned into 2 500GB HDDs)

Nvidia GeForce GT220 (With Latest Drivers)

Realtek High Definition Audio

Here's an image (it was taken on my mobile phone due to print screen difficulties)

ArmaFail.jpg

Video settings ingame need to be configured.

Trying to think of what I did but too early...

It will work.

I run Win 7 64bit, I7 920, 12GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX295 Video.

The problem with that is I can't access any of the menus because i cant read the text o_0

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

When I try to reinstall, it says "Not enough space to install application"

same here on Radeon 5850 CrossfireX (win7 64 pro). no textures, no readable text in menus.

For partially unknown reasons , i want to blame the 64 bit windows for that graphics glitch , i have a fresh ArmA install with fresh 32bit Windows 7 with a computer 2 to 3 times weaker than your one and.. Everything's fine here!

Maybe try complete game and driver delete and reinstall. Aaand maybe run in some kind of compatibility mode. Who knows , i will continue to blame the 64bit W7 version , ArmA isnt new enough for that. :raisebrow:

Best I can think of, is you are out of disk space. Is it possible you have somehow installed things to the Boot partition? Would be curious if you alt-tab and see what the Task Manager says you are using of your ram.

I know loading textures will bring Arma down if I disable the page file in Win7-64 w/2GB of ram... which looks a little bit like your graphics issue..

Also, try v1.14 and v1.18, when you get to the point of selecting the destination, simply install them in different folders/locations.. There have been issues with ram limits previously (from what I read)...

Also, c:\users\whatever\ will have your player profiles in it, if you made new ones they are in a different subfolder, in there you can edit the profile with Notepad/Word and tweak some of the graphics settings..

Was there any resolution to this? I am having the same issue with Win 7 64bit and ATI 5970.

UPDATE: Version 1.18 fixed it.

Edited by vengeance1

i had that and 1.18 definitely fixes this graphical problem.

toshiba laptop

4gb ram

win7

radeon 4570 512mb

I have this same problem, arma 1.18 was working fine on my win 7 64bit system until i upgraded my GPU with an ATI 5770, now no textures load and i cant read the text. ive tried full reinstall and patch but still same problem.

Hey guys, Im having this exact problem with Win 64 bit, funny thing is, mine worked perfect pre 1.18 but when i got 1.18 everything went to hell, anything that i can do?