Sign in to follow this  
superrat

HEX edit question?

can anybody explain to me when i am changing path in model throug HEX for exemple ca\wheeled\ data\bmp2_co.paa and i want to make it shorter in HEX and direct it to my folder mike\data\bmp2_co.paa how do i do that without changing bunch numbers and off course than it wont work????????

You should use MoveObject.exe by mikero. I added the possibility to handle different string sizes. Can be found here

thank you got a bit of problem with moveobject i understand concept how it works but cant get it to start\download with exe. it said needs deP3d,depbo got that can you enlite me bit about that please

Edited by SuperRat

i followed inst. get depbo.dll and exe file insto windows/system32 still kinda confusings when i start exe only DOS comes on for second and that it is there better instr. somewhere

Did you read the readme.txt?

couple times kinda confusing needs dePBO.dll to work when i try to install moveobject.exe with depbo.dll that requires just it wont install dont know does it have to do something because i have vista i you could explain to me in steps or something i need this tool so bad

usage

MoveObject [-options...] NameOfFile[.p3d] from to

MoveObject NameOfFile[.p3d] // list only

MoveObject NameOfFile[.p3d] replacementlist

MoveObject NameOfFolder from to or, [replacementlist]

Edited by SuperRat

I'm kinda having the same problem like SuperRat.I have copy file that I have been trying to change texture patch to MoveObject folder but just can't start app at all.I may be asking for too much but could someone pls explain how does one enter command lines in DOS...please

1) install the dll in the same folder as the exe OR put it, the dll, in windows\system32

2)use a command prompt dos console

3) \wherever\you\put\moveobject.exe \whatever\p3d\you\want.p3d

voila

NB: there is a fairly active 'bug-report' for this and the other dostools at dev-heaven. t_d or myself are likely to respond very quickly if you post a message in there

Edited by Mikero

got it now exe dll and p3d gotta be in same folder to get magic going

DOS only comes on briefly headache

Edited by SuperRat

Same problem here but then again I'm totally new to Arma...maybe screenshoots would help...hope I'm not asking for too much

Hans Kloss

dont know whats the problem follewed inst. re-read dozen times instr. DOS comes on briefly and that it got dll might be in my case VISTA or something

this is a DOS CONSOLE APPLICATION

you need to be in dos (the command prompt window) for any magic to happen.

that would be nice to know before all headaches hehe