Sign in to follow this  
red oct

A floating country on the water

ill look for the article i think it was in a newsweek i dont remember where

i just had one thought, because of the size of this thing, there may not be enough room for normal harbors to construct this thing, so harbor meant for only this boat may have to be constructed first so that the boat itself can be made, just a thought duno if that is true though, but it makes sense.

The city that gets the construction-contract will be rich, thats for sure! biggrin.gif

Or maybe the entrepreneur that will supply the light-bulbs for this ship will already become a millionaire

tounge.gif

Humm, about the boat being a target for terrorists... How can you sink that thing?? u would need a nuke!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ April 13 2002,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Humm, about the boat being a target for terrorists... How can you sink that thing?? u would need a nuke!!<span id='postcolor'>

Soviet type 53-68 HWT (Heavy Weight Torpedo) has a nuclear warhead. It was designed to take out US aircraft carriers. It has a yield of about 20 kilotons and can be fired from all military 533 mm tubes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 13 2002,01:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ April 13 2002,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Humm, about the boat being a target for terrorists... How can you sink that thing?? u would need a nuke!!<span id='postcolor'>

Soviet type 53-68 HWT (Heavy Weight Torpedo) has a nuclear warhead. It was designed to take out US aircraft carriers. It has a yield of about 20 kilotons and can be fired from all military 533 mm tubes.<span id='postcolor'>

Well ,wheres are the terrorist going get a sub from ? smile.gif

Well, a 533 mm tube can be mounted on a plane or a boat:

393.jpg

tounge.gif

I bet the carrier goes faster then "Speed: 30+ knots (34.5+ miles per hour)"

They probably can go 50 mph,maybe faster.But they only probably use the speed when they have too.

Speed 2 was not so unrealistic. Those ships take at least 45 minutes to slow down to speed zero. Brake into their software and give them them wrong direction, possibly cross another ships path! Bum Bang and sink two at once!

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 12 2002,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The city that gets the construction-contract will be rich, thats for sure!  biggrin.gif

Or maybe the entrepreneur that will supply the light-bulbs for this ship will already become a millionaire

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

not really, if you think about it, building a boat that big is definitly gona take quite a chunk of moola out of your wallet. and since the harbor is constructed for the big ship, i may be too big for other companies to make use of it and may just have to close it down and demolish it down just to save money from the high electric and heating bill, or a group of people may do something with it. just think w/ all that steel that would be used to build that harbor, you could mabe construct a long pole that could reach the moon

Yeah making it would have bankrupted (without massive financial assistance) any one of the current cruise line companies, so they were planning on getting several together to run it in a joint operation.

As for its construction, the main parts were to be built in seperate ship yards, and then constructed (joined) out at sea, as the ship is far to large to dock at any port throughout the world.

Thus, the ship itself will sail international waters continuously, never docking at any port, with only smaller ships ferrying people to and from land (not to mention the aircraft)

All repairs would be completed by divers and submersibles. with its hull being designed so that several external, OR internal hull plates could be removed and replaced without any risk of flooding.

Personally I think making any ship that size it a stupid idea, but greed is the driving force behind this project.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ April 12 2002,17:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 13 2002,01:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ April 13 2002,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Humm, about the boat being a target for terrorists... How can you sink that thing?? u would need a nuke!!<span id='postcolor'>

Soviet type 53-68 HWT (Heavy Weight Torpedo) has a nuclear warhead. It was designed to take out US aircraft carriers. It has a yield of about 20 kilotons and can be fired from all military 533 mm tubes.<span id='postcolor'>

Well ,wheres are the terrorist going get a sub from ? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hell they could buy them from the russians you don't need a state of the art SSN to hide from a cruise ship. i'm sure the chinese would supply a sub for the right price.

"Personally I think making any ship that size it a stupid idea, but greed is the driving force behind this project. "

i dougt it. the main reason and the only reason the ship is being constructed is because to lighten the population grown. the ship will aslo have its own form of government, as why i stated "floating country" so there probably wont be any pivate owners to be motivated by greed and funding for construction will be international no dougt.

no room for expansion unless you going to go take over a cruise ship and weld it to the side

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> the main reason and the only reason the ship is being constructed is because to lighten the population grown.<span id='postcolor'>

I doubt it, the amount of peope that thing holds will be like taking a drop of water out of a bucket and expecting it to make a difference.

Would you wan't to live on one? I wouldn't, even if I did have the money.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 12 2002,23:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know, we always read those cheap articles about the 'planes of the future' and 'hotel in space' and 'Chinese wall used as a antenae' but with the cruise-ships is the truth. In Germany (of course, great Germany, shut up Albert (my real name is VAL)) they built those mega-cruises and they already need to enlarge a whole area because the water is not deep enough for future projects, and they gonna come very soon.

Anyway, there will never be a civillian ship which is larger than a military one cause Cruise-ship (exceeding a certain amount of brutto registre tons) by definition must be military equipment. I know it sounds odd but believe me it is true. That is why you have the military authority-line on all big cruise-ships. And, in case of a serious war the military is allowed to make use of them. I am not talking bullshit!!! I had a course on 'cruise-ship tourism'and that part I remember. I wish I could state a source so you could verify!<span id='postcolor'>

Check out Princese ,carnival, and Royal Carriben Crusies, they got mega huge ones.

That other boat that people live in and costs $2mil to get on was called "the world". It has been on CNN and BBC quite a few times in the last week.

love.jpg

"fuck the love boat, gimme some coke"

---- Richard Dean Anderson