Sign in to follow this  
Chris1986

Character Selections

Hey,

I have a few character model i need to get in game and im having trouble with the selections . At the moment how im doing it is just using the "Select Vertices" and selecting the points and then selecting the part & then redefine . I have them in game and working ( ish ) but the arm's and parts selected are not coming out right.

When i inspected the BI Sample model i noticed they had point that where blue etc and each time i try select a point it comes up red. So im wondering if im doing something wrong when im selecting the points? or is this a trial and error thing?

Any help would be mega!

your general method of doing it is correct. the blue points are a result of the weight percentages (named selection, rightclick, weights). this is for selection containing several other selection (l_arm_injury f.e.)

as far i know this thing is pretty much trial and error, referring to the sample models helps alot.

your general method of doing it is correct. the blue points are a result of the weight percentages (named selection, rightclick, weights). this is for selection containing several other selection (l_arm_injury f.e.)

as far i know this thing is pretty much trial and error, referring to the sample models helps alot.

Yeah i thought so , thanks for the help tho :icon14:

Yeah i thought so , thanks for the help tho :icon14:

It is unfortunately, you can get it pretty accurate with trial and error, i go for getting it as close as possible without adding any weighting then start doing that. You can also copy weights from a BIS sample model but afaik this doesn't actually get stuff working properly.

EDIT: BTW happy birthday mate.

Edited by STALKERGB

It is unfortunately, you can get it pretty accurate with trial and error, i go for getting it as close as possible without adding any weighting then start doing that. You can also copy weights from a BIS sample model but afaik this doesn't actually get stuff working properly.

EDIT: BTW happy birthday mate.

haha :cheers: nice one fella

Aye the model is based on a A2 example model but its being a right arse getting the arms and legs not right but ill crack it eventualy lol, Thanks for help tho