Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

1+ Hour into game and it always crashes.

Everytime I play a longer game (Like Warfare), the game always crashes about an hour into the game. It started 6 months ago and I've played the game (with new attempted fixes). It takes so long to see wether or not the test was successful, my head just hurts. I'd rather play other games for a few weeks that actually work.

With 6GB ram I always thought that would be enough to take on any Warfare mode after an extended period of time.

-New GFX Drivers (and many older revisions).

-Heat/temps are always fine.

-Motherboard drivers + CPU drivers up to date.

-memtest86 ran.

-Lowered GFX settings well below my systems capabilities. (From avg 40fps at optimum/average speed).

Anyone know a solution? Thx!

GTX 285

6GB Ram

i7 920

Win 7 64

Everytime I play a longer game (Like Warfare), the game always crashes about an hour into the game. It started 6 months ago and I've played the game (with new attempted fixes). It takes so long to see wether or not the test was successful, my head just hurts. I'd rather play other games for a few weeks that actually work.

With 6GB ram I always thought that would be enough to take on any Warfare mode after an extended period of time.

-New GFX Drivers (and many older revisions).

-Heat/temps are always fine.

-Motherboard drivers + CPU drivers up to date.

-memtest86 ran.

-Lowered GFX settings well below my systems capabilities. (From avg 40fps at optimum/average speed).

Anyone know a solution? Thx!

GTX 285

6GB Ram

i7 920

Win 7 64

Whats your ingame video memory setting?

Normally its on high but since I've started troubleshooting it's been on medium.

I have a 1GBmem card if that helps.

Normally its on high but since I've started troubleshooting it's been on medium.

I have a 1GBmem card if that helps.

I almost have a identical rig and i have had those CTD's, the problem was having my video memory setting on default i fixed it by simply setting it to high. Another thing causing the crashes is simply having your settings too high even though you feel gaming is running fine.

Here's my settings which i can play hour after hour with:

settingsc.jpg

My rig:

Core i7 920

GTX285

8GB Ram

Sweet. Well I'll take a screenshot a little later today of mine (making perhaps 1 more final test to be absolutely sure that changing those video memory settings again do or don't change anything)