Sign in to follow this  
MHSJROTTCADET

Sabateur

does anyone know the coordinates of the two helos in this mission? I want to try blowing them up on the ground THEN attacking the tank base. Thanks

I don't know but I suspect they're probably spawned in response to a trigger when the alarm is raised. ie. they don't exist until they come after you/

Just a guess mind.

I'm pretty sure that you have to take out the vulcans first.They'll take you out otherwise.Them 2 enemy choppers are on the other side of the airfield and they are standing on the ground.One is pretty easy to spot.The other one are located in the same area and you find it with the aiming system of the rockets.When you have it locked on that chopper let it stay there until it's destroyed. tounge.gif

god luck

Al

um.. there seems to be some confusion about what mission i am talking about, I am talking about the 1985 campaign mission were you play a black ops guy trying to take out a tank base, the 2 hinds attack you, there are NO vulcans, one shilka, but I destroy that with the tanks, sorry for the confusion

if i didnt take it wrong ur total 4 black ops guys. 3 together 1 watching the town 50 m. away. stay in the forest. go towards the road where there are trucks coming and going. There is truck parked there with couple of guards around. kill them and take the truck follow the going trucks from a distance. they sometimes drop inf. to stop you. dont stop just run over them. take the first dirt road to the left and head to the forest. You will see the secret base. Disembark approach from the forest. Watch out they are croweded!

Pirate, that's also the wrong mission. You're thinking about Hinde Attack.

I don't think that in Saboteur that the helo's are spawned in, as the scripting command addunit wasn't added in till about 1.4, maybe 1.3.

You could probably find them, but judging by the time it takes for them to reach you I'd guess that they're already airborn, just waiting for you to get the attention of the folks in the tank base.

I just finished this stage again after a reinstall of windows. Actually, new pute. I might go and take a looksie. Pinch a truck or something.

Also Pirate. That's a really hard way of doing that stage. just run throught the forest to find your friends. Head back into the forest and move to the north east end of it. When your friends catch up with you use the scattered trees as cover as you cross the road. Continue through the next forest n,e until you get to the inner corner section (you'll know what I mean when you check your map). This is where the base is. Use stealth and attack from the forest. If you're quick enough doing this you can kill the pilots before they take of in one of the hinds, enabling you to destroy more choppers and get more points.

i desteroyed all of them on ground with a couple of trucks extra and all the inf. around. i finsihed quite some time ago but i remember getting a few "pearls" for the mission smile.gif

yea my bad, it's the one where you attack the tank base, and then get attacked by 2 hinds. So no one knows where they are? damn

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MHSJROTTCADET @ April 11 2002,14:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">um.. there seems to be some confusion about what mission i am talking about, I am talking about the 1985 campaign mission were you play a black ops guy trying to take out a tank base, the 2 hinds attack you, there are NO vulcans, one shilka, but I destroy that with the tanks, sorry for the confusion<span id='postcolor'>

Im not sure where the two MI-24's are but im pretty sure you can't get to them anyway. If you go too far away from your objective you will die or explode if in a tank. What I suggest you do is sneak up to the shilka nw of your start spot, ya know the one near the pot of the vally by the house, and place a satchel and blow it up. Then proceed south to the main base and avoid contact with vehicles but kill any patrols you meet. Stop just north of the base near the west tree line and shoot the 1 man on the tower and the 1 man and 3 man patrols that go by. then cut accrossed to the east side and move along hill untill near the shilka. Kill its crew, they should be standing near it, and then place a satchel there also. Do not explode that one yet. Now go up the hill on east side and come back down on the south by the MI-24. Move past in to the T-80 in the line. Throw a granade over it and it should kill the group of about 6 that are by the fire. now grab some RPG's from the falled guys, there should be 2 different ones, and get in the tank. This should trigger the MI-24's, if it doesnt then drive away and come back, they will come then when the alarm goes off. Now get out of tank before they get there and they will fly over slow. Shoot them with the RPG's, there is mroe rpg in ammo crate if needed, and then ya can whipe the rest of base out with tank or MI24 at base. Hope this helps

You can't reach the Hinds on the ground. They are way outside the designated mission area. I checked in the editor.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any other black ops hidden on the island, though the mission notes suggests it. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MHSJROTTCADET @ April 11 2002,14:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">um.. there seems to be some confusion about what mission i am talking about, I am talking about the 1985 campaign mission were you play a black ops guy trying to take out a tank base, the 2 hinds attack you, there are NO vulcans, one shilka, but I destroy that with the tanks, sorry for the confusion<span id='postcolor'>

That mission is easy. Heres what I do

I kill the guys at the camp fire, the alarm goes off. You should hid at that bush that's at the fence.when they move the Shilka, and park it back right near you, you steal the shilka, put it in manual fire kill some tanks and go up the hill with the shilka(which is the hardest part) and you can go and meet up with the resistance guy. The hinds don't shoot at me but if you leave one bmp behind, he will go after you.