Sign in to follow this  
SnowSky

I have a dream - about changing clothes

Good morning, gentlemen.

As the title says, yes, I have that dream - and I know, a lot of you have the same one!

Well - I'm not experienced, but I try and try and try many different methods - in the hope - that the one or the other works - but no...

I don't get it, why it should not work - and because of that I can't stop from trying, so I wanted to please all - who know - why it can't work never ever - not even in my dreams^^, to tell me, why it can't work - otherwise I get white and old!

I tried my Experiments with the helm, because it has not really to form a lot itself (okay, first LODs the LLips and neck - but that wouldn't be the point at this stage) and just to move with the head

First Idea: Setting the Helmet as a Binocular or NVG(Hey, the NVG would be perfect - it can be equiped, and it moves always with the head!Our Aim at this moment is actually more or less the same as what the NVG is!)

First of all: Selecting the Helmet without the Head, create new selection on all LODs with the Helmet.

Then Setting as Proxy (for all Lods) and save it.

Addition of the Proxy to the selections that are also at the helmet (this would make it possible that the helm parts would move with the Lips, if the Lips are also in the Helm, Beret, etc.)

Okay: So at this point it is somehow like if we would have a new Organplace - or Weaponplace, which is still in moveRelation to the Head. What we would need now - is a new WeaponPlace in our Config, that refers Helmets, Caps, Hats, Berets and so to its place.

Well, but I think it is not possible to make such new Weaponplaces or otherwise referments between a ConfigVariable in the class and an effective Selection in my model, or?

Back to our first try - it should also be able to set our Helmet as a NVG, but... here is the problem. I have found NVG in cfgWeapons, but I don't know how it gets to its NVG_Proxy_point. How do they do this?

2nd Idea

Another possibility would be to use many HiddenSelections (for example for each Helmet and clothes) - but I think that wouldn't be good for the performace. I didn't even try it.

3rd Idea: In ArmA2 it should be able to attach things to memory points. At least it should work so with Helmets and Beretts, but it would never work with clothes because it doesn't change it's while moving for example.

Jop... please tell me, why it is never possible to make it work - otherwise I become old and get white Hair

cheers

ACE seems to do this with gas masks and balaclavas, along with backpacks. Same with OA. You could try unpacking that to see what they do. Just a random idea.

There is something like this in the AAW Infantry pack, ask them how they changed clothes.

I wonder if this can be possible for adding different sights. This is the idea, we create a model 3d without sight, so we can use the menu to add ironsight, aimpoint, acog, etc; even might work with adding a GL to a rifle. Though I tried this through the proxy way SnowSky says I find no way to make it work through config file. This would help a lot, for example, you don't do different models for the same rifle, because different sights use the same model, it would save lot of space. I've tried this on Arma1, not really tried it in Arma2