Sign in to follow this  
pitufo

Random Whiteout

Hi all wow been awhile. I searched for whiteout and whitescreen couldn't find anything. I'm not sure if the problem is with 1.05 or not. After about 10 minutes or so in game when I move I get a completely white screen but it still shows the green arrows for where my sqadmates are. I have to stop moving to get it to go away. Is this normal??? The only thing I could think of if it's normal is that I'm out of breath or something. Anyways lemme know!

I've got a Dell XPS quad core (DON"T EVER BUY DELL) 2ghz,

Crossfire 2x ati 3870

and Ageis physics card.

4gb Ram but I'm not sure it all gets used....

And yes I was stupid and drunk when I bought into dell hell.

Thanks,

No way this is normal (didn´t get it ever) but sorry I don´t know what could be causing this:(

(btw. tried the "flush" command ever?)

Edited by @ST

Had a similar problem - are your drivers up to date?

I had this issue with one of the Arma beta patches a while back. But it'd only happen in certain areas when I looked in certain directions, and I've reinstalled several times since then so it could have been corruption in the installation, but I can't say for sure that's what fixed it 'cause I can't remember when it went away.

flush command???

Drivers! good idea! But I'm pretty sure they're up to date.

thx so far.

@Rooks: You said you had the problem. Did drivers fix it?

flush command???

Drivers! good idea! But I'm pretty sure they're up to date.

thx so far.

@Rooks: You said you had the problem. Did drivers fix it?

Look last page in thread (ArmA 2 CTD but still running in taskm.)

Edited by @ST

Hi all wow been awhile. I searched for whiteout and whitescreen couldn't find anything. I'm not sure if the problem is with 1.05 or not. After about 10 minutes or so in game when I move I get a completely white screen but it still shows the green arrows for where my sqadmates are. I have to stop moving to get it to go away. Is this normal??? The only thing I could think of if it's normal is that I'm out of breath or something. Anyways lemme know!

I've got a Dell XPS quad core (DON"T EVER BUY DELL) 2ghz,

Crossfire 2x ati 3870

and Ageis physics card.

4gb Ram but I'm not sure it all gets used....

And yes I was stupid and drunk when I bought into dell hell.

Thanks,

What memory settings are you using in game? If default change it to high and make sure catalyst a.i. is off. Try that and see.

I had this in one MP session. Exact symptoms you describe. I think it was with one of the 1.04 betas. Quit for the evening, and haven't seen it since.

I seem to recall a concern at the time as to whether the vidcard was getting too hot. I may've re-tweaked some of those settings.

OK, I turned off antialiasing, had it set on low before. Haven't seen the problem since but I don't understand why that would make a difference and why I should have to do it.

I have this occasionally (I had it in the beginning at launch and a few months back).

Like rowdied said, changing the memory settings fixes the issue. Doesn't matter what you change it into, just change the settings to high or default, or low, and the white screen goes away. You can change it back again right away if you want. 99% of the time the problem disappears for months, but sometimes it suddenly returns. Just change the settings again on the fly and you're ready to play again.

It doesn't have to do with anti-aliasing.

I searched for whiteout and whitescreen couldn't find anything.

there are at least 4 threads using the search, not with answers though, but make sure to check 'search titles only' and show results 'as threads' instead of posts. Just a suggestion for next time, works like a charm :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92962&highlight=white+screen

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=78149&highlight=white+screen

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91217&highlight=white+screen

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=81166&highlight=white+screen

Edited by zoog