Sign in to follow this  
microlime

helicopter and landing craft scripts

I wanted to know how to make a chopper(BAS Littlebird/blackhawk addon) land, pickup my marines and take the them to the LZ. I tried the the waypoint LOAD but the chopper just hovered and didnt land:butbut:. I also wanted to know how to make a landing craft start with troops when its in the water(like a d-day mission).

Thanks

EDIT: the troops in question for the landing craft are from a ww2 pack so i dont know the unit ID. the pack can be found here:http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/WW2_Collection_Pack;34894

Edited by microlime
left out info

I wanted to know how to make a chopper(BAS Littlebird/blackhawk addon) land, pickup my marines and take the them to the LZ. I tried the the waypoint LOAD but the chopper just hovered and didnt land.

Getting AI helicopters to behave properly is difficult at best. Many scripts have been written to do this, but they don't always fit your mission plan.

First Name your helo heli1 (your choice of name)

Then put this in the init field of the leader of the group:

grp1=group this; "_x assignAsCargo heli1" forEach units group this

Then under empty\object pick either a Heli H, or invisible H and place it on the map where you want the helo to land.

Then make a "Load" waypoint from the helo to the H, then open the waypoint and in the activation field put this:

Heli1 Land "Land"

Now make a "Getin" waypoint from the squad to the H where the helo will land. Then syncronize the "getin" waypoint to the "load" waypoint.

Another H needs to be placed on your LZ now.

Then add a second waypoint (transport unload) to the helo and place it on your LZ. Again in the activation field of this waypoint put heli1 land "land".

A second waypoint (getout) now needs to be added to your squad on the second H and syncronize it to the "transportunload" waypoint of the helo.

(You may need an intermediate "move" waypoint between the "load" and "unload" waypoints)

Then make a move waypoint for the helo to where you want it to fly off to after unloading the squad.

I also wanted to know how to make a landing craft start with troops when its in the water(like a d-day mission).

This would be similar to what you just did with the helo except put this in the init field of the squad leader:

grp1=group this; "_x moveincargo LAV1" foreach units group this. No "getin" waypoint will be needed for the squad, just a "getout" placed on the beach for the squad and "transportunload" for the ship.

Again the name is your option but the vehicle name must match the name in this line(group name is your call also, but can not duplicate it). You'll notice the difference is "assign as cargo" vs. "move in cargo". It's ok to place your squad in the water as they will start in the ship. The ship will not need the H or the land statement that is only for helos.

Edited by Zulu1