Sign in to follow this  
jpinard

How to change vehicles so they are not manned?

This is an easy one (I did a topic search and couldn't find the answer - so)...

When I'm making a test map and placing air units, they are automatically fully staffed with AI. How do I make it so a chooper doesn't have a pilot? or maybe no one in it at all when the scenario starts?

Thanks! :)

Hmm,you kidding right?, if not you need some more time in the editor cause this is to easy, you can find it yourself ,you just need to be in the editor:D

Regardless of how simple it is, you might have at least helped the guy after ranting about it :rolleyes:

When a player unit has been placed, you can find empty vehicles under the 'Empty' side, when adding a unit.

When a player unit has been placed, you can find empty vehicles under the 'Empty' side, when adding a unit.

Thanks for giving me some guidance. I appreciate it very much. However, I'm not seeing it. I started a mission from scratch in the editor, and when I double-click to place a unit for my side, within its properties this is the screen I see... no empty options. No option to have it be missing a gunner or pilot either. I can choose which to be playable, but not to select if they start in it or not.

editor.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 AM ----------

Ahhh. I see. "Empty" as in, not assigned to one side or the other. Since this is BLUFOR vs. OPFOR I never scrolled down far enough to see "empty". Thanks again for the help. :)

Sgt.Spoetnik - I'm sorry - I'm usually not an idiot, I was just looking in the wrong place. It made sense to me that it would be in the object properties.

yeah sry i didn mention about it, its indeed a bit mutch in beginning with the editor,but it will provide you with lots off stuff and is good for training,

only needs time to get yourself familair with all aspects off the editor.