Sign in to follow this  
dantheman45

mission editor help

hey!

ive searched everywhere and i cant find the answers i am looking for so i though i would make a new thread!

im trying to do two things in the mission editor, i need to find a particular location. as far as i remember it was a heavily wooded river with a few buildings along the banks for the life of me, i cant remember where it was and i cant find it anywhere!

the second thing is how do i place fires? like the kind of fire that comes off of a burning vehicle?

cheers!

Hi Dantheman, welcome to the forum,

for your first question, use choppers or cars to drive around the places you think is the spot, gone be bit off a search cause its big map but you need only arround the river i guess!

second, you can place a empy vehicles,puth its damage to full and you can see it catch fire, or you can place a fireplace to warm you feet:D

have fun and good luck

make sure to read up on this forum for idea's and solutions

cya

Edited by Sgt.Spoetnik
typo

Make fire! Put this in the initline of an object, vehicle, ship, owe.

BIS_Effects_Burn = compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf";
nil = [this, 4, 750, false, true] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn;

[unit,intensity,time,lifecheck,fade] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn

cheers for the replys guys, will the fire script make it burn indefinately? (im sure i spelt that wrong, lol) im trying to make a runied city, and it doesent look right without fire everywhere!! lol and i still cant find the river i was looking for! maybe i dreamt it lol, if it was a dream im gonna feel a little silly for asking for it on a forum! lol

i tried searching for the fire thing, not many results and most were in a different context, and the first question was kind of impossible to search for! lol

cheers anyway guys!

Make fire! Put this in the initline of an object, vehicle, ship, owe.

BIS_Effects_Burn = compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf"; nil = [this, 4, 750, false, true] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn

[unit,intensity,time,lifecheck,fade] spawn BIS_Effects_Burn

Last line explains it all. ;)

But just for you: the value 750 in the example defines how long the fire burns (750 seconds).

And please, next time use a descriptive thread title which gives an idea what you need help with.

ahhh!! i see, sorry bout that lol! im a bit of a novice when it comes to scripting lol. really shoudlve learnt by now, ive been playing since ofp!