Sign in to follow this  
Grizzle

WIP Director Movie/Camera addon

I hope this is the right forum, if not sorry and please re-post in the correct forum. My issue is this:

I have downloaded Director and installed it properly. I get in game, then I use the scroll wheel and the Director option appears but when I select it nothing happens. The Director menu does not appear. I assume I installed correctly like the Readme file states but not sure where I went wrong. And yes I placed the Director .config file in its own folder under the userconfig folder in Arma. Can anyone offer help? Much appreciated.

Wow, what an incredible tool. I've been playing around with it for a few minutes now. For some feedback; I'm sure it's a known issue, but the orbiting feature doesn't do very well on a moving helo. It has a noticeable stutter/jerk. I've even set the helos speed to limited. I suppose I could really slow it's speed down even further with setSpeed and see, but I'd prefer not to :D

Regardless, I'm very impressed by this tool.

Okay, so I had a bit of a detour, and just now got back to tinkering with this tool. So, does the tool have to be used in manual (create) mode in order to make a movie? Does the auto generated movie/cameras not apply to create data somehow? Also, when I create a custom scene, it looks all fine and dandy when creating it. But, when I go to play it back in my mission, the camera doesn't attach to any units, it just goes to the spot they were while I created the video. So basically you're staring at the ground from scene to scene and not any unit(s).

I realize this is a beta. But it would be worth adding in the OPs "other notes", that the tool is just fun to play a round with & doesn't work as intended atm. Or rather, doesn't work how users are being led to believe. A user can sped a fair amount of time with this tool, getting used to how it's working etc. Only to find out after the fact, it's basically a placebo.

Edited by Iceman77