Sign in to follow this  
quincy

Wrecks

where do i get working wrecks from

Edited by quincy

Do you have the full "CA" directory de-PBO'ed into your P drive and all the config.bin file unraped to config.cpp's?

i.e. can you see

ca\structures\

and all the files in P drive?

One dead give away, do ladders work on any buildings you placed in visitor?

I'm suspecting the proper static "wreck" objects (not any "wheeled" objects) have not inherited all its "default" parameters when you binarized the terrain, and they are not acting/destructing as they normally should.

...... you did BinPBO / Binarize the terrain .... right !?

Gnat;1574277']Do you have the full "CA" directory de-PBO'ed into your P drive and all the config.bin file unraped to config.cpp's?

i.e. can you see

ca\structures\

One dead give away' date=' do ladders work on any buildings you placed in visitor?

I'm suspecting the proper static "wreck" objects (not any "wheeled" objects) have not inherited all its "default" parameters when you binarized the terrain, and they are not acting/destructing as they normally should.

...... you did BinPBO / Binarize the terrain .... right !?[/quote']

i have a problem with binarizing, its says problem with binarize.exe so i normaly make maps without doing it

i have a problem with binarizing, its says problem with binarize.exe so i normaly make maps without doing it

BinPBO should work... if it doesn't - it means there IS a problem with the island data - somewhere... BinPBO may not be very good at telling you where the error actually is - that's one of its weak points - but it does do the job...

You really need to look anew at your entire P:\ drive structure... make sure it's all fully compliant with the layout described in the Wiki, or in Sgt Ace's tutorial... get it binarising correctly... you'll probably find that most of your hassles will disappear...

It's picky to set up and get correct but, once you have it sorted - everything works like clockwork... most of the time...

B

You have to use BinPBO and binarise terrain.

1. It reports the errors in your project

2. Certain features/effects WILL NOT WORK until you do.

Gnat;1574986']You have to use BinPBO and binarise terrain.

1. It reports the errors in your project

2. Certain features/effects WILL NOT WORK until you do.

i binarized it and the wrecks still tilt upward when destroyed' date='

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Gnat;1574277']Do you have the full "CA" directory de-PBO'ed into your P drive and all the config.bin file unraped to config.cpp's?

i.e. can you see

ca\structures\

One dead give away' date=' do ladders work on any buildings you placed in visitor?

...... you did BinPBO / Binarize the terrain .... right !?[/quote']

how does one unwrapp a config file