Sign in to follow this  
manzilla

(SP)ACE2 The Conqueror

Can you explain how can I use artillery system that comes with your mission?:confused:

Can you explain how can I use artillery system that comes with your mission?:confused:

I got a better idea. I'll put the AARS.pdf in the .rar, I meant to do this last time. Bon(The creator) made a great ReadMe that explains everything in it.

EDIT:

New version v3.75 in first post!

v3.75 changelog:

Updated to Norrin's FR v1.05

Added 2 more heli's with "get in and go" Fast Rope capability

Fixed non-essential task not being completed

Added some more enemy units

Added ReadMes to .rar for the different features

Edited by Manzilla

Sorry but your mission has too many bugs:mad: .

I can't put my troops in vehicle or chopper, because they don't want get in to it.

Sry for my english. I hope you understand me:)

Sorry but your mission has too many bugs:mad: .

I can't put my troops in vehicle or chopper, because they don't want get in to it.

Sry for my english. I hope you understand me:)

That ain't my mission. I've never had this problem nor has anyone else mentioned it. I've put my units in every vehicle at the base and they always get in. What other mods are you using?

That ain't my mission. I've never had this problem nor has anyone else mentioned it. I've put my units in every vehicle at the base and they always get in. What other mods are you using?

I think what he might be referring to is the location of some of the vehicles at the FOB. What I mean is, I noticed that, at times, there was a little difficulty in getting troops to load vehicles, like the Bradleys or Strykers. If you select your unit and order them to get in one of the Bradleys, your team members, again, at times, will travel to the southern entrance and try to come behind the vehicles, but they can't because of the wall, so they just stand there. I didn't think much of it because I usually will move the vehicle out some before loading.

The other thing also might be the grass cutters. As a test, I sent some paratroops over the base and and than ordered them to get in one of the nearest vehicles. They won't because I think the grass cutters confuse them some.

EDIT

Just toyed with it a little. The Strykers seem to cause an issue because of their relation to the Anti Air radar. I just tried it twice and both times my guys went all the way around the radar but could not get through. They just kind of stood there.

The grass cutter thing I might be wrong on, I could have swore that yesterday there was a time when, instead of moving to a specific area, the command of load grass cutter came up. But I can't reproduce that now so, like a lot of things, it could just be a figment of my imagination.

Edited by Genpatton043

I think what he might be referring to is the location of some of the vehicles at the FOB. What I mean is, I noticed that, at times, there was a little difficulty in getting troops to load vehicles, like the Bradleys or Strykers. If you select your unit and order them to get in one of the Bradleys, your team members, again, at times, will travel to the southern entrance and try to come behind the vehicles, but they can't because of the wall, so they just stand there. I didn't think much of it because I usually will move the vehicle out some before loading.

The other thing also might be the grass cutters. As a test, I sent some paratroops over the base and and than ordered them to get in one of the nearest vehicles. They won't because I think the grass cutters confuse them some.

EDIT

Just toyed with it a little. The Strykers seem to cause an issue because of their relation to the Anti Air radar. I just tried it twice and both times my guys went all the way around the radar but could not get through. They just kind of stood there.

The grass cutter thing I might be wrong on, I could have swore that yesterday there was a time when, instead of moving to a specific area, the command of load grass cutter came up. But I can't reproduce that now so, like a lot of things, it could just be a figment of my imagination.

Yes in this case that will be a factor. Some of the ammo crates have the same problem. That's not a bug though, that's more of a ArmA thing. I could spread the vehicles around more or leave them in more open space but then the issue of the AI making it through the base pops up.

What I do is just hop in them and move them to a good place, get out and then order the load. Sometimes it's better to put things in your own hands. ;)

The grass cutter is an invisible "object" more or less that gets rid of most vegetation so you can see the ground. They are in the base, unfortunately where they are placed avts like an object. I'll have to mention this to ACE2.

What I do is just hop in them and move them to a good place, get out and then order the load. Sometimes it's better to put things in your own hands.

Yeah, thats what I do also. I'll pack up anything I want to take first than get my guys to jump in.

The grass cutter is an invisible "object" more or less that gets rid of most vegetation so you can see the ground. They are in the base, unfortunately where they are placed avts like an object. I'll have to mention this to ACE2.

Yeah, can't hurt to let 'em know. Not sure about the reinforcement issue. It might be HC itself, but I don't know. I use them same HC in my missions and rarely have an problem with it. But I just took a Bradley and a stryker off base grounds, ordered paratroopers and they wouldn't get in either of them once they landed. So, I'm not sure.

Yeah, thats what I do also. I'll pack up anything I want to take first than get my guys to jump in.

Yeah, can't hurt to let 'em know. Not sure about the reinforcement issue. It might be HC itself, but I don't know. I use them same HC in my missions and rarely have an problem with it. But I just took a Bradley and a stryker off base grounds, ordered paratroopers and they wouldn't get in either of them once they landed. So, I'm not sure.

You can order HC controlled troops into a vehicle? I've never seen this before. What mission did you see it in? I'd like to check it out. As far as I know, there's no way to do it.... yet.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

I'm still not seeing any vehicles I can't get into except for the 2 under the tent. You guys know that one of those Strykers only fits 3? The bradley's all worked fine and so did all the choppers. All I can say is that guy that said it's unplayable is dense. I can't find a bug for the life of me.

You can order HC controlled troops into a vehicle? I've never seen this before. What mission did you see it in? I'd like to check it out. As far as I know, there's no way to do it.... yet.

Using the Cent_HC module. The "Get In" command is actually a "Get in Nearest" command.

The campaign I am writing is built around a Mechanized Infantry company and I I've used it a number of times. I have little issues with it. The only thing you have to do is if a unit is getting out of a vehicle that you want them to get in at a later time, you have to put a temporary marker so that you know where their vehicle is at. And of course, its better to not have any other vehicles in the immediate area because they can be confused.Also, its done cia the map, you have to change the waypoint type, thats all. it works in normal HC also. Just tried it

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

[/color]

I'm still not seeing any vehicles I can't get into except for the 2 under the tent. You guys know that one of those Strykers only fits 3? The bradley's all worked fine and so did all the choppers. All I can say is that guy that said it's unplayable is dense. I can't find a bug for the life of me.

Yeah, I know about the Strykers and I also know that if you order a 6 man team to get into a vehicle that only holds 3, only three units will have "Mount" above their icons. The rest will default back into formation.

And like I said, it doesn't happen to me all the time and I would not consider it a bug really. In fact, it really gets to a point where the player has to use a little initiative themselves to get some things to work in missions. =)

Edited by Genpatton043

Using the Cent_HC module. The "Get In" command is actually a "Get in Nearest" command.

The campaign I am writing is built around a Mechanized Infantry company and I I've used it a number of times. I have little issues with it. The only thing you have to do is if a unit is getting out of a vehicle that you want them to get in at a later time, you have to put a temporary marker so that you know where their vehicle is at. And of course, its better to not have any other vehicles in the immediate area because they can be confused.Also, its done cia the map, you have to change the waypoint type, thats all. it works in normal HC also. Just tried it

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

[/color]

Yeah, I know about the Strykers and I also know that if you order a 6 man team to get into a vehicle that only holds 3, only three units will have "Mount" above their icons. The rest will default back into formation.

And like I said, it doesn't happen to me all the time and I would not consider it a bug really. In fact, it really gets to a point where the player has to use a little initiative themselves to get some things to work in missions. =)

What key combo are you using to order HC groups in to a vehicle. I've never even seen the get in action for them. Can you order them out? I've been wondering about this for a long time. Can't believe I missed it.

I just tried it again and the HC example mission and I can't see any way to command HC groups to Get In anything. How is this done?

Edited by Manzilla

What key combo are you using to order HC groups in to a vehicle. I've never even seen the get in action for them. Can you order them out? I've been wondering about this for a long time. Can't believe I missed it.

OK, it does have to be done via the map. So, get into HC mode and than open your map. lets say you have a rifle squad at Point A and an empty Bradley at Point B, select them and you order them to point B. In the map, their waypoint should show up as a blue or black line and at the end of that line, the destination, there should be an "X". Move your mouse over that "X" and right click. After a second or two, a menu should show up containing

"TYPE"

"COMBAT MODE"

"FORMATION"

and others. Just select "TYPE". When the new window opens you should see waypoint types. Move, cycle, S&D load, unload, get out, and get in. Select "GET IN"

That unit should now move to that point and get into the nearest vehicle which in this case is the Bradley.

One thing to note, you have to have a little distance between the unit and the vehicle or it will not work. If they are to close, the unit can complete the waypoint before you are done setting the type.

I hope that explains it as my descriptions can suck at times. LOL

Oh yeah, most importantly, once your mouse is over the "X" do not move it until you are completely done. or the edit window will close

Edited by Genpatton043

OK, it does have to be done via the map. So, get into HC mode and than open your map. lets say you have a rifle squad at Point A and an empty Bradley at Point B, select them and you order them to point B. In the map, their waypoint should show up as a blue or black line and at the end of that line, the destination, there should be an "X". Move your mouse over that "X" and right click. After a second or two, a menu should show up containing

"TYPE"

"COMBAT MODE"

"FORMATION"

and others. Just select "TYPE". When the new window opens you should see waypoint types. Move, cycle, S&D load, unload, get out, and get in. Select "GET IN"

That unit should now move to that point and get into the nearest vehicle which in this case is the Bradley.

One thing to note, you have to have a little distance between the unit and the vehicle or it will not work. If they are to close, the unit can complete the waypoint before you are done setting the type.

I hope that explains it as my descriptions can suck at times. LOL

Oh yeah, most importantly, once your mouse is over the "X" do not move it until you are completely done. or the edit window will close

Oh wow, I've never seen that before. That is fantastic! I can't believe I never noticed it! Thanks for the info!

Oh wow, I've never seen that before. That is fantastic! I can't believe I never noticed it! Thanks for the info!

LMAO not a problem! Glad to help. its not perfect by any means, but it is usable.

It works well. I figured out why your not able to get the HC groups into vehicles in my mission, they are set to "Default" in the vehicle lock. I set em to "Unlocked" and all works just fine.

It works well. I figured out why your not able to get the HC groups into vehicles in my mission, they are set to "Default" in the vehicle lock. I set em to "Unlocked" and all works just fine.

There ya go, I never thought about that. I've hardly ever used it.

Explain, can't play the mission doesn't help much.

New version v3.5 in first post.

v3.5 changelog:

Removed FNC dependency

A few code tweaks

Removed Mando Missiles dependency, now uses the script version in the mission.

Fixed the MMA SAM site, they weren't firing

When loading mission a get error message saying that mission cannot be run because of downloadable content FNC scopes missing. Now when i try your new version 3.75 a get a crash with error message saying that "Include file userconfig\MM\unit_aray.hpp not found". I really want to try your mission man, help me :)

When loading mission a get error message saying that mission cannot be run because of downloadable content FNC scopes missing. Now when i try your new version 3.75 a get a crash with error message saying that "Include file userconfig\MM\unit_aray.hpp not found". I really want to try your mission man, help me :)

The FNC thing should be fixed in v3.75 but the CTD and error message is from the Medevac Module. In the Medevac module there is an MM folder.(May be in a folder called userconfig. Take the MM folder and put it into the userconfig folder in the main A2 directory. That should do it.

Here's a post from an earlier page that explains the MM installation better:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1571083&postcount=20

I'm gonna have a new version out today, just a heads up.

Edited by Manzilla

Wrong installed addon then,ok. Thx for help and sorry for bother. Finnaly got it working :)

Wrong installed addon then,ok. Thx for help and sorry for bother. Finnaly got it working :)

It's all good. Enjoy!

New version v4.0 in first post.

v4.0 changelog:

Unlocked all vehicles at the base. Now HC groups will enter

Updated norrins Fast Rope to v1.06

Added Earplugs to US Special Weapons crates at base

Various minor tweaks

Updated GL4 init setup, make sure you DL the latest GL4 version v.1.177

OK, I went and finished the version where you added a few more enemies and thats A LOT better. I had a good little firefight going on in the railway station, so kudos and thanks for a great mission!

OK, I went and finished the version where you added a few more enemies and thats A LOT better. I had a good little firefight going on in the railway station, so kudos and thanks for a great mission!

Thanks for the feedback and playing the mission. Glad you liked it. I'm trying to get a new one out before I leave for Phoenix again but my time is limited. Hopefully I'll have a new one soon though.

Thanks for the feedback and playing the mission. Glad you liked it. I'm trying to get a new one out before I leave for Phoenix again but my time is limited. Hopefully I'll have a new one soon though.

I'll look forward to it. I also DL'ed some of your other missions but haven't had a chance to play them yet.

I'll look forward to it. I also DL'ed some of your other missions but haven't had a chance to play them yet.

Just a warning some of the older ones may be a bit bugged. Cutting all ties should work fine but the others need to be updated for the more recent ACE2 versions.

I can't, for the life of me, get anyone to board in the chopper. It seems like the AI just can't navigate around that part of the base at all. They consistently get stuck on the wrong side of the entrance barricade, and report "Negative" indicating they can't complete the order. Any hints?