Sign in to follow this  
failtolawl

Defend the Area-first mission

This is my first ever mission.

Scenario:

you are a man whose squad is dropped off in a lightly dense island to take out a few Russians.

Difficulty:

This mission is incredibly easy, but keeps you in the action as soon as you are dropped off.

Installation:

Extract the pbo file to your \ArmA2\Missions (installation) folder.

Known issues:

1.Helicopter doesn't fully land, retry mission to fix

2.Objectives not fully accurate

P.S.

I am new to mission making so don't expect much, just give me some suggestions and help out, since everything I know of scripting and mission making is in this scenario.

arma.jpg?t=1264386732

Download:

http://www.filefront.com/15419273/Defend%2520the%2520area.utes.pbo

Edited by failtolawl

Utes:smash:small map.....chernarus good:pet11:

Chernarus fps bad.... Utes fps good. If a mission only requires use of a small area, why put it on a huge map? When I play around in Utes, I get to put my settings where it doesn't look like I'm playing a game made in 1995. Don't knock the small maps.

He's got three posts to his name. What can you expect? He'll learn that if you can't give constructive criticism then don't say anything at all!

Getting back to the topic - good job. Will give feedback layer.

thank you all for trying it out, I don't mind some criticism, Just not too harsh.

I enjoy both maps, but Utes is more close quarters and runs a little more easier, and you don't have to run 10 miles to get to the next objective.

I do know some issues that happened,

such as the russians in town interfering with later objectives,

but please any such help will be good, as I already have some ideas for another mission.

@failtolawl,

the firefight in this mission is really good. Reminds me a lot of "trial by fire", lots of walls to duck under, lots of cross fire coming at you. The friendly AI work well too doing a good job of laying down fire. With the speakers turned up its a nice little fight for sure.

The enemy AI seems to work nicely a few surprises some nice flanking. I was having alot of fun with it, but it kind of ended suddenly. I think the mission ends too fast- as soon as you eliminate enough enemy its over. It would be nice if it ended when you reach town or something. Also I play with Zeus in addition to ACE2 so my firefights start further out with much of the fighting from the hill, not in town as much. So my game ended in the street 100 meters from the town, so it could have been due to Zeus.

one weird bug like thing was at some point the ai sqad mates ran the other way leaving the leader and myself alone on the hill, they eventually returned.

very nice over all though

Edited by maj_woody

Thanks,

Im glad somebody responded with some feedback.

My future missions will be longer. and will make more sense.

here is kinda a sneak preview picture of my future mission, not sure when it will be done...

operationcrimsonlines.jpg

btw, did you here music in the beginning?