Sign in to follow this  
sandymustang

Help with addons

need help with adding addons to the game I downloaded an addon called slx-people and I'm having truble adding to the game play. I placed it in to my addons folder but my computer says I need to burn it to the disk and the disk is non-writable.

Is there another way of adding downloads to the ARMA editor?

1 where did you install it two 2 goto the install folder for ArmA and add a folder with ths name @MYADDONS in that folder add a folder with this name addons this is where you will put ya addons in next make a shortcut to the arma exe and go to the porperties of the shortcut and add this line to the target line arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=@MyADDONS than go back to the MYADDONS folder and add the addons you like or have a look for a ArmA Launcher for the game that will run the MYADDONS folder for ya have fun

ok I tryed what you surgested and I somthing very wiered is going on because I can't find the install folder on the disk or in the folders the game installed on in my mydocuments.

the folders on the dick are:

Arma

Data

DirectX

I've search all 3 of them and theres no sign of it?

If you didn't change installation folder then installing the game,it should be in C:\Program Files.

no I can't find one there either. I have got an addons folder in there though. would it be posible to put downloads in to that folder for them to work on the game or do they have to be run from the disk