Sign in to follow this  
victim913

how to save as sqf

I've been looking for an answer to this maybe i keep missing it.

What program do i use to save as .sqf? I thought i could use any texting program like notepad or word. But when i save as sqf it just appears as part of the name not the type of file. What am i missing?

Thanks

I'm trying to spawn units from triggers, I would rather do some type of ingame create unit instead of .sqf files but seems like thats how it works. It will end up being many outside files

It's probably because you're saving it as a text document. When saving change the Save as type option to all 'All Files'.

Hi victim913. To answer your question;

Open your wordpad etc. document,

Go to 'File', 'Save As',

Change 'Save as type' to 'All Files'

Save your document as whatever you like but add .sqf to the end of your filename.

Simple, eh? : P

ok cool. that makes sense, I used to have to do that all the time. I guess i thought it would be something different I didn't even think about that.. thanks

If i want to create say 10 groups could i use that one sqf or would i need to create 10 sqfs? If they were to be identical.

You can create as many groups as you like (within reason) using just the one sqf. I would recommend naming your groups to prevent any confusion as to which is which though.