Sign in to follow this  
USMCG_7thMarine

Arm Patches-Multiplayer

Hi,

We are trying to display an arm patch/logo for our Squad. We have set up the required hosting and it works. However we cannot get our image in the proper format to be displayed and or converted by the TextView2 program.

Here is our squad page url: http://home.comcast.net/~tgerritzen/Arma/squad.xml

This is the image we would like to use. Can someone help us getting this into the proper format?

USMCG_OD_Seal.png

I think you need to resize it to 256 x 256, 512 x 512, etc... for it to work in game.

(...)

Edited by Andre
problem seems to be solved.

Thanks for your reply's.

The Image is square. I made a "New" Image at 256px256p @ 72 dpi, RGB-alpha, 1 layer. I then "saved as" TarGA with the following file name ArmAUSMCG.tga. I then tested this image by opening it in Gimp as well as JASC Paint Shop Pro and Macromedia Fireworks and there was NO problem. I then attempted to open it in TexView 2 and I get the error pictured below. I'm thinking it has to do with Alpha Channels and or 24 bit vs. 16 bit. Not sure.

Can anyone help me get this TGA File into a PAA format?

TGA-Arm-error1.jpg

TGA-arma-2.jpg

TGA-Arm-error3.jpg

Edited by USMCG_7thMarine
spelling

(...)

Edited by Andre
problem seems to be solved.

I found some freeware that converts PNG's to TarGA's. I took out the alpha channel and made the background OD green so I didn't have to worry about that. The TarGA must be 24 or 32 bit at RGB-Alpha.

So using the conversion software I was able to make a TarGA file that TextView 2 would accept and make the PAA file. I've made the PAA and am waiting for our ArmA admin to come online.I'll let you know if that worked. It's looking good so far.

PNG to TGA converter (freeware):http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Viewers/SlickView.shtml

Here's the image we ended up with:

USMCGodc.png

Edited by USMCG_7thMarine
spelling