Sign in to follow this  
Stevo_223

Gun Camo? Gun Guile Camo.

they need to have the option to use guile camo on a more variety of sniper rifles. the SVD and M40 aren't enough!!!

Even some of the community mods need to have this.

What for? The M40 and SVD are the snipers regular tools. I'm assuming you're mostly reffering to the M107 and KSVK. These are black, and "fairly" well camoed compared to your face and hands.

The heavies doesn't suffer any of the heavies real problems, like being heavy and hard to handle. So I think it adds fairness to not having them ghillied up. It's your choice - sniper rifle from closer range adn take advantage of the extra camo, or stay further back with a heavier sniper rifle.

The VSS Vintores already have a heavy bonus with its silencer, and feels a bit overpowered given its ammunition.

The M24 is a good M40 choice when you have snipers without ghillie suits (usually not wearing ghillies if attached to a squad, they put them on when they separate). But that can't be dynamic in Arma2 multiplayer.

The rest are not sniper rifles.

Too many heavy "snipers" running around already without a clue. No need to encourage more :) I think the current system provides the best possible balance. Also, against AI I don't think the rifle has any camouflage attribute, but I'm not sure.

no i am not referring to the M107 or the KSVK, i play Call of duty but i dont need a gun like an anti Material Rifle to take out targets at 350 meters, then is that case "The rest are not sniper rifles." i mean more like a designated marksman rifle, The DMR, M110 (From the ACE Add-on) MK12, and M24(<Sniper Rifle) not The M107 Or The McMillan Tac-50(Also From The ACE mod)

hahaha i know why you thought i was referring to the M107 or the KSVK my signature has "BIG GUNZ FOR THE WIN" lol, but im not

Edited by Stevo_223

... but i dont need a gun like an anti Material Rifle to take out targets at 350 meters ...

You don't even need a scope at 350m. Heck, an AK could hit things at that range. :p

Anyway, there's very little benefits that a ghillied sniper rifle could provide over a non-ghillied sniper rifle. At the range a sniper engages at (typically 600m or more in ArmA II), you would barely even notice a gun sticking out of a bush/whatever you're hiding behind. :)

If you're a marksman, you're typically assigned to a squad already, and hence not ghillied up. Neither should their rifles (wouldn't make sense). A sniper is an excellent marksman, but not vice versa. A sniper would also most likely use (or at least have readily available) his sniper weapon even if he is assigned to a a squad and not ghillied up.

Ref: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/23-10/ch42.htm#s2p3

Problem with Arma2 "snipers" is that they "snipe too much" :) I prefer to use them more like scouts, reporting enemy movements and positions. Mainstream public missions like Domination are very sniper unfriendly, marksmen should have been used instead.

Btw, in Arma2 the M107 and KSVK has little antimaterial usage due to only having ball ammo. With ACE, I'm forced to use the M109 which I'm kinda reluctant to make available. M110 and TAC-50 are ACE only and doesn't belong here. "The rest" are marksman rifles which doesn't need ghillies.

I've turned sigs off, so that had nothing to do with it :)

At 350m I need a scope in "do it all yourself maps". From basic training I remember that 200m on iron sights was "very far", even on the range. I can't make a positive ID at that range unless others starts firing before me. The M4 is inadequate above 300m (also in real life), if enemies have combat armor. I spent 6 mags last night from 4-600m and only dropped (killed) 4 enemies. With RCO (ACE Mod). Was pinned down by sniper fire and couldn't move. Flankers was brought down easily, as they flanked without using cover or smoke.

I'm unsure what the Mk12 "role" is in real life compared to regular rifles. But it serves not much "special" wrt SPR. With OA, I'm hoping that that rifle can get the meaning of "special", maybe have an IR sight on it. If OA has lasers, I'm also hoping for some ACOG/Night Optics combinations (not on everything), and disallow regular NVGs for day optics and iron sights :)