Sign in to follow this  
waylay00

Helicopter gunner won't fire missiles?

I was playing around today as a pilot with a Hind, and whenever I select a ground target (box and diamond present) and tell my gunner to switch to "missile" (air-to-ground), he won't fire, even if I say "fire" or "open fire" or "engage at will."

How do I get him to fire the missiles?

I was playing around today as a pilot with a Hind, and whenever I select a ground target (box and diamond present) and tell my gunner to switch to "missile" (air-to-ground), he won't fire, even if I say "fire" or "open fire" or "engage at will."

How do I get him to fire the missiles?

use your scroll wheel on the mouse, select manual fire, press F till you have hellfire/sidewinders loaded- press tab to lock onto your desired target, and fire away

thats the only solution i have, being i dont have that problem, the AI fire without me needing to tell them anything except - engage at will

Aren't guided missiles shot on command by the pilot? When it's locked, can't you just click the primary mouse button?

Well, the only thing that happens when I click primary fire is that I fire my FFARs...even when the target is locked and I tell the gunner to use missiles.

Well, the only thing that happens when I click primary fire is that I fire my FFARs...even when the target is locked and I tell the gunner to use missiles.

FFAR's are standard for pilot, those do not lock, they are dummy missiles, whatever you want to call them

F is the default key to change weapon/firing mode, you wont be able to change any weapon until you switch to manual fire, in manual fire the pilot takes the controls over from the gunner.

once youve switched to manual fire and chosen one of the guided missiles, you can use tab to select a target, if its not the target you want, tab again to switch to another.

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

Aren't guided missiles shot on command by the pilot? When it's locked, can't you just click the primary mouse button?

im thinking youre right, its cntrl click to order him to fire... i think

---------- Post added at 03:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

FFAR's are standard for pilot, those do not lock, they are dummy missiles, whatever you want to call them

F is the default key to change weapon/firing mode, you wont be able to change any weapon until you switch to manual fire, in manual fire the pilot takes the controls over from the gunner.

once youve switched to manual fire and chosen one of the guided missiles, you can use tab to select a target, if its not the target you want, tab again to switch to another.

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

im thinking youre right, its cntrl click to order him to fire... i think

and i know you didnt ask about it, but as a tip if you didnt know, as the gunner you can use the +key on your keypad to zoom in and the - to zoom back out, comes in real handy when youre playing as the gunner

Edited by Vick
my horrible grammar

No, I know that FFARs are unguided rockets and not missiles. What I meant to say was that pressing the trigger didn't make the pilot (me) say "Fire!" but rather just fired the default the FFARS. But I realized that I was used to the old system in ArmA where you had to switch to manual fire even just to fire FFARs.

I'm running ACE and a few texture mods, BTW.

I was unaware of the Left Ctrl + Fire command, so I need to check that out when I get back home.

With ACE2 (ACE is for Arma1), you need to bind two new keys on the option menu for "Gunner Switch Weapons" and "Gunner Fire Weapons". In regular Arma, they switch back to just standard "Switch Weapons" and "Fire".

As well, any rockets (FFARs, or their Russian equivalent) are directly controlled by the pilot's fire button (normally left-click on mouse) like the UH-1Y in vanilla Arma2.

The Mi-24 AI refuses to use its guided missiles under any conditions and will perform (often suicidal) rocket attacks instead. ACE AI, I have noticed, fixes this, and Hinds will earnestly chuck their uselessly inaccurate exploding sticks at all manner of vehicles.

With ACE2 (ACE is for Arma1), you need to bind two new keys on the option menu for "Gunner Switch Weapons" and "Gunner Fire Weapons". In regular Arma, they switch back to just standard "Switch Weapons" and "Fire".

As well, any rockets (FFARs, or their Russian equivalent) are directly controlled by the pilot's fire button (normally left-click on mouse) like the UH-1Y in vanilla Arma2.

Ah, that explains it.

I'm running out of buttons on my joystick!!!