Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Would you all like to play opflash like an rts?

Here's a mission I've been working on for a couple of weeks and I'm curious as to whether this style of gameplay is something people would like, or if I'm wasting my time pursuing it.

http://www.aggression.org/karr/karr.zip

Here's the way that it works now:

Each team starts off with a certain amount of money, a Mobile Base, an Ambulance, and a Truck.  They take their mobile base wherever they want and then they deploy it.  This builds a Factory which can be used to build land vehicles.  From this factory you can also build other mobile factories:

Mobile Air Base--when you build this, drive it to wherever you want and deploy it and it will buid a Factory for Choppers and planes.

Mobile Ammo Factory--this truck can deploy ammo crates wherever you want

Mobile Construction Vehicle--this truck can build SAM's (AA batteries with missiles and 30mm cannons), sandbag fortresses, wire fences, and camo sheds.

Mobile Recycler--this truck deploys the Recycler Depot.  Then you drive the truck up to destroyed vehicles and they will be put in the recycler truck.  You can then drive back to the Recycler depot and it converts that to Money for your team.

Engineers and Officers can repair almost any vehicle by going up to it and selecting repair.

Vehicles cost money and time to build.  I haven't implemented the different times for building yet since it's still in testing, but the money amount is working fine.  Right now everything takes about 10 seconds to make.  In the future it will take longer for certain vehicles.

If your factory is destroyed, you can repair it for money. mobile Base vehicles auto-repair themselves.

In this sample mission you hold territories for money, but I'm sure there's plenty of other gametypes you could use with this.   You can also take your recycler and try to gather as many destroyed vehicles for money as well.  Be careful though, if your recycler is destroyed while carrying materials, you lose the entire value of what you were carrying.

One known bug with the Mobile Ammo Factory truck is that when I loaded it up using a server-side only method, none of the weapons showed up in the crates for anyone, so I had to make it so each client loads up the crates, and this can lead to mutiple ammo crates spawning.

Anyway if you all like this type of mission then I'll pursue it further.  I've played this mission a couple of times on my server 209.193.133.66, and it works fine, but I need to know if it's fun for more people.

Thanks!

I detest RTS games with a great passion, but anyways I'm sure some will enjoy it smile.gif

Not to into RTS stuff myself, but its good to see someone trying something really original with OFP, and I just might check it out. keep it up.

Hey nice job, if you havent heard there is this Planet of War maps for OFP that is also a RTS but it costs $12. There sites here if you are interestedhttp://www.planet-of-war.de.vu/. Im not sure but your ideas seems much more broad then POW mod, and it might even be better, good luck with you RTS keep up the good work.