Sign in to follow this  
Eamon Early

Patch 1.05 not applied?!?!?!? HELP!!! ERROR CODE

I just purchased & downloaded Arma 2 online @ drive2drive. Installed. All is great. I then downloaded the 1.05 patch but unfortunately the patch will not download.

Here are my errors from the installation (amy advice)?

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

ARMA II Steam

ArmA 2: Updating version 1.02 to version 1.05...

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\ROCKS2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\ROCKS2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\SIGNS2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\SIGNS2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\SOUNDMISSIONS.PBO.BI.BISIGN.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\SOUNDMISSIONS.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\SOUNDS.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\STRUCTURES.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\TRACKED2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\TRACKED2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WEAPONS.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WEAPONS2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WHEELED.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.04-1.05\ADDONS\WHEELED2.PBO.UPD.#STEAM cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

ArmA 2 patch 1.05 has been applied successfully

i downloaded my version from sprocketidea, to resolve the issue i patched 1.04 first, afterwards patch 1.05 read my install as a DVD version instead of steam(which i dont even have)

1- reinstall arma 2

2- patch to 1.04

3- patch to 1.05

4- enjoy the game

Edit: btw i had the exact same errors as you

Even with those errors listed in the patcher it should work just fine. Lots of people seem to be getting the same thing with the 1.05 patch. You can just ignore them though with no impact on your game or the patching process to 1.05.

Edited by Bob.Dob

its trying to update 1.04 files. You have 1.02. Update to 1.04 and it should work.

Even with those errors listed in the patcher it should work just fine. Lots of people seem to be getting the same thing with the 1.05 patch. You can just ignore them though with no impact on your game or the patching process to 1.05.

ignoring them will cause issues when trying to connect to servers online- some can, some cant.

but as i stated patching from 1.02 to 1.04, and then 1.04 to 1.05, will resolve all issues.

Sometimes it says it doesnt work but checking in-game it surely enough says 1.05.

Sometimes it says it doesnt work but checking in-game it surely enough says 1.05.

That's just the exe version. The PBO's will be messed up.

ignoring them will cause issues when trying to connect to servers online- some can, some cant.

but as i stated patching from 1.02 to 1.04, and then 1.04 to 1.05, will resolve all issues.

Nah that's not entirely true. If it's 1.05 you're fine everyone can connect. I've even used it on a dedi server and EVERYONE can connect just fine. It's probably just some shit they overlooked and included in the patch that's relevant to steam only versions. Plus if i'm not mistaken they said in the readme patch 1.05 will patch any and all versions of ArmA 2 from vanilla or whatever to 1.05.

Nah that's not entirely true. If it's 1.05 you're fine everyone can connect. I've even used it on a dedi server and EVERYONE can connect just fine. It's probably just some shit they overlooked and included in the patch that's relevant to steam only versions. Plus if i'm not mistaken they said in the readme patch 1.05 will patch any and all versions of ArmA 2 from vanilla or whatever to 1.05.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92416

some there cant get it to work

dont question my integrity again. thats proof that it does and doesnt work for 'some'

and as i originally stated "some can some cant"

secondly regardless of who you are youll be missing sound files. the .pbo's will be messed up just as the other user had stated.

to the author of this thread, and anybody else who are running into the same errors, dont listen to these clowns, ignoring the problem may be a simple solution but youll have missing sounds in game(for the ah-64d i know for a fact.) among other things, and connecting to servers online can be a hit or miss. your .pbo's WILL BE MESSED UP. regardless of who you are. those errors are there for a reason.

just fix the problem by simply patching to 1.04 then 1.05. for whatever reason 1.05 reads digital downloads as STEAM versions, but after patching to 1.04 the 1.05 patch reads it as a DVD version and installs without any problems what so ever.

and "Plus if i'm not mistaken they said in the readme patch 1.05 will patch any and all versions of ArmA 2 from vanilla or whatever to 1.05" just lol. again- it worked first hand for some, and not others. but what gets me is you say that in a thread with someone having problems doing just that. so if that was the case, this thread wouldnt be here nor would the other 3 ive come across. are you really that thick in the head?

dont reply, i dont care enough.

the fix is simple and this thread doesnt even need to be open anymore- just know it all trolls telling people to ignore working solutions

Edited by Vick
i suck at grammar/eloquence

LOL wow! For real? Can't believe I just read ^that^! There there now, it's okay Vick, don't worry, everything is gonna be alright... :286:

I'd like to commend Vick for not only having the 100% right answer but also not tolerating all the wanking around that was trying to distract from the topic.

Your explanation why and solution to my (and others') problem was spot on!

Vick: just fix the problem by simply patching to 1.04 then 1.05. for whatever reason 1.05 reads digital downloads as STEAM versions, but after patching to 1.04 the 1.05 patch reads it as a DVD version and installs without any problems what so ever.

I guess the game installed well after doing the above.

Closing.