Sign in to follow this  
scarz^

CDKEY disabled!?

Hi im having problems with my original cd key for Arma2 english version,when i try to join a multiplayer game it tells me that my cd key has been disabled!Singleplayer works wihtout any problems(no fade etc.)So could anyone tell me whats going on cause i want to play the game i paid for!:mad:

Thanks

How did you get the game? Was it digital download or an actual disc?

hmm.. figured i would post here instead of a new topic..

i was running arma2 from a key i found online, fade kicked in but i got to see the game and liked it so i bought a key, now it says my new key is disabled.. wtf!

bought my key from g2play and im requesting a scan of the actual box right now.

somethign i think might be happening is the old (torrented, disabled key) is still linked to my arma2 still, dont know how.. i deleted the reg keys and the profiles.. but somehow the profile i used before is still there and active in game...

any ideas of how i can get this resolved ( without buying an actual boxed game) ?

hmm.. figured i would post here instead of a new topic..

i was running arma2 from a key i found online, fade kicked in but i got to see the game and liked it so i bought a key, now it says my new key is disabled.. wtf!

bought my key from g2play and im requesting a scan of the actual box right now.

somethign i think might be happening is the old (torrented, disabled key) is still linked to my arma2 still, dont know how.. i deleted the reg keys and the profiles.. but somehow the profile i used before is still there and active in game...

any ideas of how i can get this resolved ( without buying an actual boxed game) ?

Maybe you got a worm and they stole your key. You did uninstall the old game then put in the new one with the new installation?

Wow, some of these posts are laughable. To you, H3NRY, I'm surprised you even knew how to torrent something since you don't know that buying a key for a torrented game online is about the lowest thing on the list of buyers you should trust. You do realize that none of the money you give the people you buy the key from goes to the developer or publisher, right? Frankly, you deserve what you got. You might even earn yourself a ban for piracy, after all, it's the bane of the PC industry.

To the OP - are you using a legitimate copy? Or did you do exactly what H3NRY did?

Wow, some of these posts are laughable. To you, H3NRY, I'm surprised you even knew how to torrent something since you don't know that buying a key for a torrented game online is about the lowest thing on the list of buyers you should trust. You do realize that none of the money you give the people you buy the key from goes to the developer or publisher, right? Frankly, you deserve what you got. You might even earn yourself a ban for piracy, after all, it's the bane of the PC industry.

To the OP - are you using a legitimate copy? Or did you do exactly what H3NRY did?

you did not understand what i said, not in the slightest.

i used a torrented version of the game and tried it out, uninstalled and deleted all registry elements from that ( as well as many that were "unknown" to me) and preceded to reinstall with the real, bought, key that i decided to buy from the same place my friends got theirs from(which i might mention are working still and have had no problems at all).

it was a demo of the full game, with full intent on buying it if it turned out to be a good game, how is that a bad thing for the creators, publishers and developers?

do not even comment on intelligence as i see you have none.

thanks for the "help" zipper

Maybe you got a worm and they stole your key. You did uninstall the old game then put in the new one with the new installation?

yes, i uninstalled and reinstalled with the new key, its the only way to get it in there after all lol

Because, as far as I know, the website you buy the key from gets all the money, and none of it goes to the developers. With G2Play, it's a different story, since they're Steam keys, but then I have to ask how'd you get it on Steam?

Most of the keys you buy from these places will be disabled in ArmA II as it's a feature of FADE. You should never trust them as many times you'll have someone else using the exact same key. Moral of the story - buy the game properly next time, not through these weird, impractical methods.

It doesn't really matter anyways, you have posted on the developer's official forum that you pirated their game. That won't get you very far.

yes, i uninstalled and reinstalled with the new key, its the only way to get it in there after all lol

Afaik there is a way of changing it in the reg,at least with OFP. Don't ask me how, no idea.

Because, as far as I know, the website you buy the key from gets all the money, and none of it goes to the developers. With G2Play, it's a different story, since they're Steam keys, but then I have to ask how'd you get it on Steam?

Most of the keys you buy from these places will be disabled in ArmA II as it's a feature of FADE. You should never trust them as many times you'll have someone else using the exact same key. Moral of the story - buy the game properly next time, not through these weird, impractical methods.

It doesn't really matter anyways, you have posted on the developer's official forum that you pirated their game. That won't get you very far.

If they are not steam keys but legal boxd game keys they are legit in a way, and how the hell can they resell a steam key? It's bound the the account afaik. There is no way a store can sell faked or stolen keys without anyone noticing. Ppl are stupid but not that stupid.

Edited by Enforcer1975

where do they get the key? they buy it from somewhere with low prices, which bought it from the developers/publishers... simple. they get their money before it even makes it to the online sales.

how would fade know where i got my key? it knows nothing of the origin ( other than the locality within the key that says German/English/Spanish/ whatever)

"these weird, impractical methods"

how is downloading the game content weird and impractical? it is one of the most practical applications of digital content.. why have a disk when you can just download it?

sure, i downloaded it from an unauthorized location but that means nothing, i bought the game, they got their money, stfu about it, and everything else.. if you have no suggestions then go to some other thread and stop trolling this topic with useless crap

If they are not steam keys but legal boxd game keys they are legit in a way, and how the hell can they resell a steam key? It's bound the the account afaik. There is no way a store can sell faked or stolen keys without anyone noticing. Ppl are stupid but not that stupid.

haha thanks!

If you think that by buying a key means you bought the game then you are wrong.

Buying a key does not entitle you to the game files.

Unless you have bought a legitimate copy of the game, either a legal online distribution, a DVD boxed game or from Steam then you probably have an illegal copy of the game and buying a 'key' does not make it a legal copy.

Planck

My suggestion is that you actually buy the game properly, and refrain from pirating games and then buying keys online, unless you like games not working properly and/or getting ripped off most of the time.

What exactly did you do? Torrent the game, get all the files, buy a key, and use it to install it? Not once actually having a legitimate copy of the game files?