Sign in to follow this  
oxmox

ACE2 - New Items -

I did notice in ACE2 are a lot of items i have not seen on the normal version, I have no clue how to use some of them and I dont understand why there are so many different types of the same item sometimes.

Is there any guide or webpage where the items are described ? how to use them and whats the purpose of it ?

For example:

1.) VHF Radio

First of all how to use this Radio and for what are those different types i.e. RD90, RD54, RD99.

There is also one item which looks exactly like the VHF Radio but the name is:

AN/PRC 77 ....whats this ?

2.) Packs - many different types of backpacks

I still could not find out how to use it, i get here aswell no option with the mouswheel. And why are there almost 20 different types of packs i.e. RDxx numbers and medic packs, assault packs and so on.

Arc Teryx Charlie pack - PRC 119 pack - VTAC Rush backpack ....what the hell is this ?

3.) Stone - i guess this is for spec operations to make a noise from a certain direction ?

4) M49A1 - MS2000 - Kestrel4500

What is this all ?

5.) M7A3 nade...seems like this is some kind of CS gas grenade. How to use it ? I did buy one nade but cant select it with F to throw it. Same with ear pads.

Are certain items restricted to only special unit classes maybe ?

Edited by oxmox

This didnt help me much for most of my questions, but thx at least i know how to use the backpack now.

Are you serious?

FEATURES OF ACE

FEATURES OF ACEX

Check those links in that link.

Am I blind, I cant find anything about VHF Radio, types of packs, why CS gas nade vanish in my inventory when i buy it or why i cant select it with F. I cant find any information about the purpose of some mentioned items.

Radios are there for mission makers. They have no intrinsic function in ACE at this time. Xeno does use them in his Domination mission as a means to control access to artillery support.

Otherwise, the different packs are just that. Color differences and varied capacity by type.

CS and other special ACE grenades should work like stock ArmA2 grenades. You use the 'F' key to select and optionally the SHIFT-H key to vary the throw. If they are disappearing from your gear list then you have a bug, either in the mission or out-of-date ACE install.

Thx a lot ! =)

I did find some infos about the other mentioned items and will contribute some infos to any other readers:

M49A1 = surface trip flare

http://www.janes.com/articles/Janes-Infantry-Weapons/M49A1-surface-trip-flare-United-States.html

MS2000 = infrared filter for Night Googles

http://www.acrelectronics.com/military/ms2000/ms2000.htm

Kestrel4500 = Pocket Weather Tracker

http://www.nkhome.com/ww/4500.html

Edited by oxmox

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Jane's is always a good source of info. We use sites like that a great deal for internal research.