Sign in to follow this  
phavar

Error installing patch 1.30

I have already installed patch 1.20 and I yesterday I tried to install patch 1.30.

I executed the .exe file from the "c:\" directory.

Then the official logo came out and after 3 or 4 sec the following message came out:

"Operation Flashpoint is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted"

What is going wrong?

Should I try to execute the .exe file from inside the installation directory of the game (d:\pf\ofp)?

Is it a good idea to run the CheckOfp utility?

Thanks in advance!

Try uninstalling Ofp then installing again, and then adding the patches.

It worked for me.

Did you restart Windows after reinstall? Maybe the registry didnt know yet you have installed it...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Dawdler on 9:55 pm on Nov. 22, 2001

Did you restart Windows after reinstall? Maybe the registry didnt know yet you have installed it...<span id='postcolor'>

It shouldn't require a restart for the registry to be aware of the newly installed files. The only reason to restart is for releasing any .DLL files in use (read: in memory) that got changed with the new install. If you install the game and subsequently all patches and add-ons without starting the game, there's no need to re-boot.

Cheers!!