Sign in to follow this  
qawa1967

Vegetation coverage

Do it have the vegetation (somewere) a "value" related to the enemy spotting ???

because...

my enemies was ahead of my position (around 200 m.) and they spots me.

So, I have run into a bush, where trees, grass and vegetation were a lot around me. A massive vegetation parts was there, between enemies and my location.

but..... How is possibile that all the enemies look&shoots at my exact position ???

There was'nt any line of sight between us !!!!

some "Superman-vision" attribute to the enemy infantry ???

Like me to adapt this value (if it exists) at my sense of realism... any help ?

PS: There are very beautiful Islands now to play, with a lot of nice vegetation, and I've the same mission problem with all of these !!!

Edited by qawa1967
I've adjusted the grammar accordly to mt exact thought !

Superhuman sense of smell.

nice one... but a sniper dont run from fight... just take a better position ! :D

in my case... I was too much near the enemis... unluckily !!!

You know that game you play with babies, peekaboo? Where you hide your face behind your hands and they dont realise youre still right next to them until you move your hands away again?

yeah. The AI arent batshit-fucking-retarded. Hypothetically, if you or I were soldiers and an enemy contact ran behind a bush, we'd light it up. Thats what the AI does too.

The trick is to not get seen in the first place. Or disengage completely and come back from a place theyre not expecting. The vegetation DOES work.

Wrong forum btw.

You know that game you play with babies, peekaboo? Where you hide your face behind your hands and they dont realise youre still right next to them until you move your hands away again?

LOL .. good one !!!

Hypothetically, if you or I were soldiers and an enemy contact ran behind a bush, we'd light it up. Thats what the AI does too.?

Yes offcourse.. but we dont waste precious munitions against bush and vegetation everywere.. or not ? (different if we have looking at some Predators ) :D

we must wait to spot better the enemy (or a part of it), and then we shoot (but saving munitions... not ?)

The vegetation DOES work.

mmmmh... I'm still have dubt...

btw... Is possible to edit this "value" frmo PBO ? or its coded ?

Edited by qawa1967

Maybe I've found the values to work with... :)

inside characters2.pbo...

((for each tipe of soldier))

camouflage = 0.4; // bigger values easier to detect