Sign in to follow this  
bartkusa

[ACE] "Addon acex_c_wep_rifle ... not found in the list of active addons." WTF?

I'm making a mission on Namalsk, and when I export to multi-player and open the mission on a (non-dedicated) server on my box, I get this error when the briefing finally loads:

Addon acex_c_wep_rifle (entry ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_FAL) not found in the list of active addons.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

acex_c_wep_rifle

Addon acex_c_sound_wep_rifle (entry ACE_SA58) not found in the list of active addons.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

acex_c_sound_wep_rifle

I have some scripts that give units weapons from ACEX. I don't get these errors when previewing the map in the editor.

Here's my mod list:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" ... -world=empty -nosplash -mod=@cba;@ace;@acex;@arma2goons;@drawdisthack;@landtex_v1.0; -winxp

Here's the addons list for my mission. I don't understand what these do, but I'm guessing it's important:

version=11;
class Mission
{
addOns[]=
{
	"namalsk",
	"ca_missions_alternativeinjurysimulation",
	"ca_missions_battlefieldclearance",
	"cacharacters2",
	"CAWater",
	"CATracked",
	"CAAir2",
	"CAWeapons_ZU23",
	"camisc3",
	"caweapons",
	"CAWheeled2_VWGolf",
	"CAWheeled_Offroad",
	"CAWheeled_Pickup",
	"ca_highcommand",
	"CAWeapons_SPG9",
	"ca_modules_functions",
	"caweapons_warfare_weapons",
	"CAWheeled",
	"CAWheeled2_LADA",
	"CAMisc",
	"ace_test",
	"acex_c_wep_rifle",
	"acex_c_sound_wep_rifle"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"ca_missions_alternativeinjurysimulation",
	"ca_missions_battlefieldclearance",
	"cacharacters2",
	"CATracked",
	"CAWeapons_ZU23",
	"CAAir2",
	"caweapons",
	"CAWheeled_Offroad",
	"CAWheeled_Pickup",
	"ca_highcommand",
	"ace_test",
	"ca_modules_functions",
	"CAWater",
	"camisc3",
	"CAWheeled2_VWGolf",
	"CAWeapons_SPG9",
	"caweapons_warfare_weapons",
	"CAWheeled",
	"CAWheeled2_LADA",
	"CAMisc",
	"namalsk"
};

How can I fix my mission? I'm out of my depth.

I doubt theres anything wrong with the mission. Server or client is not loading the addons properly. Though, I cant see anything wrong with the startup line, apart from the trailing semicolon in the mod switch. Arma probably doesnt like that.

Edited by Shuko

The mission won't open on my friend's dedicated server, either, and I can play other missions just fine with that trailing semicolon, so that's not the issue.

Can someone explain why this general kind of problem occurs?

Can someone explain why this general kind of problem occurs?

It's caused by trying to use addon content when the addon containing it is not loaded.

Are the servers started with ACE etc?

I can play other missions just fine..

Other ACE or non-ACE missions?

You can delete the couple of lines referring to ace stuff from the mission.sqm and then re-save it in editor. Backup before deleting though.

which version of ACE ? its on 188 and ACEx 156 now.The last uptade ace removed the sound files from acex folder and released as an seperate addon.So there is no acex_c_sound_wep_rifle in acex anymore,

I've played other ACE missions, and the ded server definitely has ACE. I use Yoma's AddonSync(?) to keep my client in sync with the ded server.

So the timeline is fuzzy, but it might go like this:

- Started making the map before ACE 187?

- Didn't get far enough with development to start testing in non-ded multiplayer (instead of testing from the editor itself) until I had pulled down ACE 187

- Now I'm on ACE 188 and it's still having the same problems.

Btw, I tried deleting all ACE references from addOns[] and addOnsAuto[], playing the mission once with the editor, saving, and opening with non-ded multiplayer, and it hasn't fixed the problem :(

My next experiment: Never reference the rifles that show up in my Arma2.RPT file, try the mission, see if it's still broken. I have other ACE entities in the mission, like mines and HuntIR and backpacks, but I never get errors in the RPT file about those.

Thanks to shk and snakedoctor for looking at this.

Report in the ACE2 issue tracker.