Sign in to follow this  
VecteR

RPG - line of sight...

has anybody else noticed that - when firing from mountains - you can have a clear line of sight with the RPGs weapon sight and when you fire the rocket you fire in the groud in front of you and die...

Flight height decreases with range.

You can only fire from the kneel position.

Judge the appropraite distance to the target and raise the center scope line as high as what you think will hit the targeted unit where you want.

With tanks (turrets) its more risk aiming really high, but there is more chance of killing the tank, and an extremely high chance of killing the commander and gunner (top meat).

Aiming at the hull below the turret of a tank is certain to hit, however its hard to pick a place that will cause (OFP calculated) internal shrapnel to hit the crew and or damage vital components.

(Edited by fixOPFsoundsplease at 6:52 am on Nov. 20, 2001)

Yes, I've noticed this as well. I was shooting down a hill from the kneeling position and my RPG just shot straight into the ground. I understand elevation for distance but this literally went about 3 meters and took a 90 degree turn for the dirt.

Hmm... dont use rpg's much.

but that sounds like a flaw in the engine... testers probably didnt try the rpg's from all angles and heights.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Unl33t on 7:39 am on Nov. 20, 2001

Hmm... dont use rpg's much.

but that sounds like a flaw in the engine... testers probably didnt try the rpg's from all angles and heights.<span id='postcolor'>

if you haven´t noticed... the betatesters where the people that bought the european release.

otherwise you could not explain why there were so many bugs in a release version of a game.

VecteR, you are dumb, plain and simple. I already pointed this out toyou in another post, but apparently you didn't read it. I used quake3 as an Example, It was released in '98, and just 2 months ago they released the final patch, so guess what...thats three years of patches and about 350+ bug fixes, you apparently know nothing about coding, therefore don't need to comment on such issues. Saying they were beta testers is pure idiocy, and is just a vent for people such as yourself who know nothing. EVERY game that is released and ever will be released is going to have numerous bugs, but guess what...s**t happens, you could beta test for years then release a game, and later find that it doesn't work on every machine and new bugs arise. So I wish people likw you would quit their d*amn whinning and appreciate that BIS is willing to work with the community and fix problems as they arise. So please think before you make yourself look like an as wink.gif

I have to aim above now to hit on target now ,where ever i am,uphill ,downhill,on the level,wotever;), it never used to be like that, the first i noticed was with beta 1.29, and its still like it in UU3.0, is everyone getting this now?, or is it just 'some~people',

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from BoonieRat on 12:54 pm on Nov. 21, 2001

I have to aim above now to hit on target now ,where ever i am,uphill ,downhill,on the level,wotever;), it never used to be like that, the first i noticed was with beta 1.29, and its still like it in UU3.0, is everyone getting this now?, or is it just 'some~people', <span id='postcolor'>

There is a thing called Gravity (which pulls things down) this is on relevant to the Quote above!

+ it is (by the law's of phyisic's) impossible to get unlimited fuel into a rocket and the gravity issue.

for the people that misunderstood my post - i didn´t mean the loss of hight after you fire the missle.

i meant that you hit the ground 1 m in front of you - even if you have free sight to the target through the rpg´s optics...

and i simply can´t understand how "dumd, plain and simple" someone can be when he compares Q3 to OFP - the bugs in OFP are critical bugs not just a problem with blurry textures.

and i believe you haven´t played 1.00 in mp... it was a BETA - and you can´t tell me that the beta testerts missed so many bugs because they played on other systems...

..and the netcode on modems.... come on - you can´t deny that it was totally unplayable.

Like i said "it NEVER used to be like that"wink.gif, hey?, gravity?, thats wot you earthlings suffer from is'nt it?,US demi~Gods don't suffer that 'crawling around on the face of the Earth' experience!smile.gif