Sign in to follow this  
oktane

Weird keyboard sticking with build ~60000 and up

Anyone notice this weird keyboard key sticking present in the recent betas? It occurs very often with different clients (my home computer, my work computer(both steam), my friends work computer(german dl)) with the beta patch. I think that it started around 60141 or so.

You will notice it if your mission uses dialogs and you see the 'current selection' highlight scrolling down uncontrollably. You'll also occasionally get movement keys stuck so you won't be moving correctly, or moving all by itself without you touching any keys.

The only way to clear it is to press all your movement keys repeatedly until it stops. For me thats shift, arrows, and pgup pgdown, etc. (old OFP defaults)

Anyone else having this weirdness?

EDIT: This is a bug that occurs under the following circumstances:

-Beta Patch

-A mission using Norrin's Revive script

-Xeno notes that it may occur when dialogs are on the screen and you die.

Edited by oktane

chances are your keybinds are conflicting; try resetting to default (create a new profile if you don't want to remap your bindings again)

Happens to me too. Mostly when I open the map, the server dialog will pop up and just keeps flicking through the options until I repeatedly press esc.

I only really play domination online.

Have experienced the same problem.

I usually get it after a revive.

Not sure but I think if I was sidewalking or leaning when I died after the revive I continue the same action.

Using Beta 60588.

Thanks! It has to be revive then, that jogged my memory. It may be that norrin is doing a disableuserinput or similar, and a recent beta change has affected it. Ill look into it.