Sign in to follow this  
ScorpionGuard

Map Size

Hello Everyone

I'm been thinking of making a map that can hold the Green Sea Region. I know that the maps can go as large as 10,000 km2. But how large can the maps really go? Can the map be done at 100,000, 1,000,000 km2? And what type of hardware would I need to support it? Please help with any ideas are advice that you have. Thx.

The biggest grid size visitor allows you to make is 4096x4096 cells. The biggest cell size is 1000m (1000x1000), so simple math gives you 4096km x 4096km. 4096km is quite exactly the distance from the west coast (US) to the east coast.

It is a different matter can you ever put enough objects to that map or can your computer handle that. At least that map will have a very boring surface (flat as a pancake).

Thx you for the reply. Sofar as the map goes. It's going to be mostly open ocean. So not to many object will be need.

Keep in mind that you dont mix cell sizes. If its 1000x1000m, we're talking about 12x12 editable points on something the size of Chernarus. It would make a very pointy map.