Sign in to follow this  
d3nn16

Best of CTF/DM pack

My idea is to make a mission pack with the best and most popular CTF and DM missions from OFP, ArmA (and ArmAII), once the OFPIP or other island addons are ready.

I started this thread to know what everyone thinks should be put in this mission pack (and not what shouldn't be included). The CTF/DM missions you propose are not only missions that you consider the best but mostly missions that you noticed were played frequently on different (mostly public) servers.

This thread is not for debating over CS type missions vs 'real' missions. If you dislike any mission or mission style please discuss it elsewhere.

Please give any links from where it's possible to download any of the mentioned missions.

Here are the links I know of so far :

http://www.usasquad.com/downloads/servermissions/

Here are 2 incomplete lists of CTF/DM missions to start with (please correct it and/or add other missions) :

• CTF mission name (oldest versions I know of or versions I consider best)
  • Hangars (Arma 2)
  • City Fight (Arma 2)
  • Hexenkessel (Arma 1)
  • The Junkyard (Arma 1)
  • The End (Arma 1)
  • Scotch Valley (Arma 1)
  • Rustill Down (Arma 1)
  • Neverscared (OFP)
  • Drop Zone (OFP)
  • Corridor (OFP)
  • Desert Rats (OFP)
  • St Pierre (OFP)
  • Mokra (OFP)
  • Lost and Lonely (OFP)

• DM mission name (oldest versions I know of or versions I consider best)
  • Tequila (OFP)
  • Andersen Gunship (OFP)
  • Vodka (Arma 1)
  • Snipers (Arma 1)
  • Ruins (OFP - Nogova)
  • Ruins (OFP - Kolgujev)

Castle Keep

Big everon

St Pierre

Disorder

Ultra

Stuntman ;)

I think you would better serve the community by making just one new mission.

I still have all of those missions for OFP on this computer that I am posting from. :j:

okay, I uploaded to RS what I can see are ctf, dm, or tdm from my ofp mpmissions folder

100mb :rolleyes:

enjoy

http://rapidshare.com/files/309969242/mpmissions.zip.html

Your file has been saved and can now be downloaded 10 times.

please only download the file if you are the OP or intend on creating a mirror.

thanks

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;1494310']

I think you would better serve the community by making just one new mission.

I didn't make only one mission I made several CTF missions and they encoutered little success. Creating is difficult, risky (nobody will like the mission) and time consuming, that's why I prefer using other people's efforts ;-).

Besides I am doing this mostly for myself because I would like to replay those old CTF/DM missions in ArmA2.

you need to get people playing your missions for them to gain popularity. Best way is with an active server.

I agree mission making effort does not guarantee a successful mission. At times he effort can appear unappreciated. You can't please everyone. Don't try.

I can't stand it when a bunch of buildings are plopped down on an airport or other boring flat area without much thought.

Try to use new locations that have not been used in other missions, or make unconventional missions that stray from the norm, ie; Tetris. Being different may just be the key to making it popular. ;).

My best suggestion is to work with at least one other person when making a mission. That way you can bounce ideas off and criticize each other, making the mission better.

Hi guys

If anyone has [CTF The End] for ArmA 2 please give it to me

For mission requests use the sticky mission request thread.

Bumping a 4 year old thread...... you even get a warning to not bump old threads when opening those ...... :391:

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, Private Message the thread starter or mod leader to ask.