Sign in to follow this  
welcome to hell

[Bug] AI Spots targets that are not visible

The most obvious example of the all-seeing AI I've seen was when I was simply messing about with the ambient combat module. I was OPFOR and a group of T90s had spawned. I got in one as gunner and had an AI commander and driver. I was surprised to discover that the AI would constantly order me to engage enemy units the moment they spawned, even if they spawned out of sight hundreds of metres into a forest, behind buildings, or behind hills. The AI would lock onto the target and track it until it was dead or went out of range of the ACM and despawned.

I must confirm that AI sometimes see through objects. In my case it happened many times (in one mission) with my AT AI soldier and OPFOR BMP hidden behind big house. AT soldier exactly reported BMP and prepared for action. I wasn't able to see that BMP at all despite the fact I was just 2 meters from my AI mate.

I would like to try to debug the AI in your mission, however I am unable to run screenshots (or even videos for that matter). :)

Can you please attach the mission itself?

Also, it would be very helpfull if you could try to find the smallest mission that can be created to observe the behaviour. Can you still see the problem if you remove X? If you can, remove X. Can you see the problem on Utes instead of Chernarus? If you can, place your repro on Utes.

Sorry Ondrej but i tried the whole day to replicate this - no Luck!

The Problem is such things always happens when you are not expecting them to happen....

Will try to make missions on Utes to try to replicate anything.

Maybe some confusion could be avoided if AI reports distinguished between seeing/hearing/guessing enemy location. IE 'i hear a vehicle in x town' vs the usual report of 'tank in x town'.