Sign in to follow this  
Chill xl

Data file too short after binarizing visitor world

I run into the following error when i try to run the game with my latest build of the world i'm working on:

"Data file too short '@Aiaktalik\addons\testmap.pbo'. Expected 189412574 B, got 188629387 B"

For some reason i suspected it had something to do with the size of my sat. map, so for testing i applied the mask map (much smaller file size) as a sat map. The error was gone when running the game to test the world.

Then i tried the sat map again, but now exported in several different ways to see if the sat map was corrupted, all resulted in the same error again (different file sizes though).

Then i dropped to a lower resolution sat map (fromm 10240 to 8192) and tried again, the error was gone. This time the sat map was below 100mb instead of above. So i continued adding objects on the map in the assumption the problem was more or less avoided. After i added quite some objects again and wanted to test again, so i did a new build and ran into the same error agina with the sat map that previously worked...

I'm running out of ideas how to solve the problem, anyone could help me out?

Try to binarize it again. Normally it is a corrupted pbo.

Scan your HDD for broken sectors.

Test your RAM for errors.

As you say that you can binerize it but ingame get problems and it happens when you re-read your sat map i would also recommend the following if not done yet:

- When binerizing check the clear temp folder (so no old shit stays there)

- Delete all files in your layer directory and read the whole thing in again

As it seems to conflict somewhere i suspect it has to do with that. But then again i never had this issue so it might be different. You might already have done the above and to be honost i have no clue then other then kju says.

I am willing to do the process for you if you send it over to me chill, we can then see if it is an environment setting i gues.

Tnx for the response, altough i have tried many times to recompile, this was however without success. I have not yet been able to check for faulty hardware.

I will try aswell on my other machine to see if it the problem is still apparent.

Concluding from your responses i assume it's related to a bad file or bad hardware, rather to a setting or certain limitation like a max file size for the sat map or the total project.

The mentioned problem seemed to be machine specific (not sure what is causing the file to be corrupted), the project compiles just fine on my other, i'm able to continue. Tnx for the support!