Sign in to follow this  
CombatComm

help with recruit to group syntax

"bink_usa_rifleman_1" createUnit [getmarkerpos "recruit", group player]

Ok this is just one of many .sqs files I have in my mission folder. It works perfectly along with my crude addaction recruit menu. My question is tho in an online coop game it gives the spawned units to the unit I have set as player and not the unit I am PLAYING (a unit set playable). How do I get it recruit to any playable units group? Thanks guys.

There's a little misunderstanding here. Let me try to clear it up. The predefined variable player always points to the unit that you control in a multiplayer game (unless you have accidently overwritten that variable with something else). As every client controls a different unit, the variable is different on each client. It doesnt matter if you're controling a unit which you have set as PLAYER or PLAYABLE in the editor, in multiplayer they are basicly all PLAYABLE.

From what you've described, I bet that the unit set as PLAYER and all PLAYABLE units are in the same group, with the unit set as PLAYER being the group leader. You need to change that, every PLAYER/PLAYABLE unit needs to have his own group, because it's not possible for a group member (not leader) to be a group leader himself of other units.

Edited by dengibtsschon

hahahah wow u hit it right on the head there bro. They were all in a group. Thanks for clearing that up. It works now!