Sign in to follow this  
W1NDOWL1CKER

Radeon HD5870 troubles

After installing my new XFX Radeon HD5870 I got these strange blocky effects as soon as the game starts running.

Objects show almost no detail and most of them seem to hover over the ground.

It makes no difference if I select lowest or highest graphics settings, I've tried them all.

At first I thought that maybe my psu is not sufficient (Coolermaster Realpower Pro 520) but that does not seem to be the problem:

I can run Prime 95, Unigine Heaven DirectX 11, 3DMark06 benchmarks and other games without any trouble and at the highest settings...

I've got the latest driver installed (Catalyst 9.10), and even reinstalled the game, all to no avail.

Before with my Radeon HD4850, although at low settings it ran smoothly.

See my system specs below, as I said, the game ran well until I installed the 5870.

Please, does anyone know a solution?

Interesting, you moved from ATI to another... all other games work and it can handle benchmarks that'll get it about as "hot" as possible, and also pull every watt needed... Huh...

Well just because I've seen it happen, uninstall the drivers, completely. Uninstall catalyst, remove the folders, leave nothing behind. Before hand download those same newest drivers as I can assure you they work with the game. Restart, install the drivers. Go to Microsofts website and grab the newest redist of DirectX, regardless, install it. Try running the game again, also, if you'd like beforehand, as well, attach a dxdiag just to be safe, and why not afterwards.

Any other details you can think of?

Edit: I know there's an issue with this game and running 8GB of ram, but you ran it before with the other card so.. Maybe someone else can drop in, but I'd try what I recommended first. Get a nice clean install of drivers and d3d.

Edited by Rhammstein

Doubleposting is not allowed here.