Sign in to follow this  
Acerblue

Questions reguarding addons

Ok with steam ...

How do I install addons?

How do I install/run more then one addon at a time?

the same way you do with retail game

With Steam you have to find the ArmA2 folder under "program files/steam/steamapps/common/arma2" (i think that's the location, i'm doing this from memory)

You can pretty much take it from there

my appologies, I thought you were under the impression that steam treated addons differently.

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

the following link contains a guide and faq explaining how to use a mod. Most mods will be simple, all you have to do is create a mod folder in your ArmA 2 directory containing the name of said mod, usually people use this form of naming: @Modname

Within that folder will be another folder named "Addons", this is were the addon contect itself will usually go, such as the pbo's and what not. Some addons come with signed keys or additional files that may require to be put into other folders, but these will be explained usually in the txt file that comes with the addon or on the download page.

To run the addons, you just have to edit the target line of your desktop short cut, adding in this: -mod=@modname; or to run multiple mods: -mod=@modname;@anothermod;@someothermod

It may seem tricky at first but you'll get the hang of it. There's also launching programs that will take care of this for you. I do not have any links to provide regarding those but I heard the Dogs of War launcher is good.

edit: corrected typo

Edited by Steakslim