Sign in to follow this  
KELLO

ARMA 2 Community Server

Hey all,

As was mentioned in a few other posts, I have a dedi server that i am willing to trial to the community, its a quad core with 4 gig of ram so should be good for around 50 players i would have thought. The only services running on it are ArmA 2 and a teamspeak server. IP is 81.19.223.20 for both the game and ts. Obviouly we are going to need some admins, so there will be a number of slots open to apply for admin rights on the server. Please apply in this thread and all those who apply will be considered:)

There are also curreently quite a few maps on the server but as this is a community server we can have whatever maps people think we should have, i would prefer to keep it pvp though....

again the same for Mods, not really sure we should use any but opinions on this are also welcome...

I will later, depending on if this works or not, get a site up with a forum to make it easier for admins to control...

Also any ideas and comments are welcome, both the arma 2 server and the ts are up and running.

lets see how it goes....;)

Edited by KELLO

EDIT: Certain people have now apologised for their behaviour, I will give it another go.....

Edited by KELLO

Good thing you happend to find out you made a mistake. A2 is dead MP wise...until the next patch ( probably )

BIS should have put some effort in advertising like CM did though DR is a shitty game ( to my disappointment, i wished for an alternative to A2 for some competition ) in this state compared to ArmA 2 1.0 it managed to gather more players ( especially in the ESL Ladder ) than ArmA 1 and 2 did together. Maybe a little bribe here and there and some free games should have done the job ;)

jk

What kind of flak did you receive when building this server? oO

A2 is dead MP wise...until the next patch

I guess im playing a diff game then,,, btw kello,, nice buddy,, im all for anyone willing to put the time and effort to help the game out,,,, especially the pvp side. :)

I guess im playing a diff game then,,, btw kello,, nice buddy,, im all for anyone willing to put the time and effort to help the game out,,,, especially the pvp side. :)

Depends on your location. Not in Germany. All you find here is whining about the bad performance of the game and making features to bugs as an excuse to boycot the game or because they are just bad players, killing the whole german ESL ladder before it even started. The only thing prospering over here are coop servers...and there they also whine about über AI shooting through gras and seeing through walls instead of playing vs human who have the same conditions as they do in a mp game. Seems to me it's just easier to blame an AI for being "better" ( cheatwise ) than admitting defeat to another human.

Now i understand matey............. quick fix,,,, move to the uk :), OR play on diff servers ?

Fixed a few things, the server should run better now, for some reason there were 2 other arma servers running in task manager, must not fully shut down when the game is restarted, i'll keep my eye on that.

Had around 60 on the other day and people have said its running ok...

was thinking about adding server side mods.. any ideas?

Edited by KELLO