Sign in to follow this  
gabe_ruckus

DICE pays attention to PC Gamers, apparently

i really love the battlefield series. But BC2 is still just a console port. How the hell did we go from 64 players in 2002 to 32/24 players in 2009? Is someone gonna actually push the boundaries on player counts that have been around for almost a decade?

The answer to that is simple, really.

Developers are becoming increasingly lazy, and increasingly greedy. Minimum effort for maximum profit. Best recent example of this was Codemasters with Dragon Rising, which needs no explanation.

Developers are becoming increasingly lazy, and increasingly greedy. Minimum effort for maximum profit. Best recent example of this was Codemasters with Dragon Rising, which needs no explanation.

True, but in this case as I said I think PC players have to count on BF3 and not BC2. If BF3 is a PC only title I have no doubt the player limit will be increased, the leacked memo from years ago hinted 80 players, and I still hope that is true.

IF BC2 would have been the sequel to BF2 what BF3 will be then I would be disapointed, but I am not now really as BC is a console title.

Of course this does not indicate that I would not have wanted 64 players for BC2, but I guess DICE hopes that BF3 will take over for BF2 in regards to PC players and not find a competitor in their own title BC2, even though I highly doubt we will see BF3 before 2011.

(And yes, Consolemasters failed with DR, actually I have opted out from buying the 'Drit' titles because of it, just as IW and Ubisoft have lost sales from me, for obviously MW2 and the slaughter of the R6 series)

Edited by ArchangelSKT

It's not about "minimum effort". It's about focusing that effort on where the money is, which is the consoles when it comes to arcade action games.

Have you watched the trailer? It really isn't a wallhack cheat, it's a motion sensing device built in to vehicles that lets you see motion behind walls and such. The tanks are also not undestroyable, they can just take more damage. And is the automatic detection of IEDs really that different from the bomb squad perk in COD4? I never play without that perk. The pistol is more-than-likely not one-shot-kill, I think they just had it look like that in the trailer for dramatic effect. Finally, the Thompson looks like it's going to be as powerful as the one in BF1943, which I never found to be unbalanced.

Sorry, no I have not watched the video. I mainly check these forums while at work :p and I am unable to watch that video.

And here we go again, another game fuc***, if u buy the collectors edition u will have:

- Wallhack cheat

- Undestroyable tanks

- Automatically detection of ieds

- One shoot one kill pistol

- A powerfull m1a1

sigh...

ranking and "perks" are rather a curse than a blessing these days in my eyes! one good reason to set up a unranked server rather sooner than later before ea's heroin hits the vaines of to many ppl hehehe! either with a custom ranking and sorting out the unnecessary "items/perks" to equal it out, or only modded with no ranks, or you will just have do deal with it! guess between 75% -85% for shore will only play ranked anyway, so i guess, just like in bf2, your only have the choice for a individual server + mods that hardly ppl will play cause of ranking/perks, or play vanilla frag'n rush'n level up with 50% no teamplay servers and a splitted serverlandscape where ppl hardly playing mods or custom content!!

i really love the battlefield series. But BC2 is still just a console port. How the hell did we go from 64 players in 2002 to 32/24 players in 2009? Is someone gonna actually push the boundaries on player counts that have been around for almost a decade?

check out this one http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1471765&postcount=29

Originally Posted by Leopardi

It doesn't make sense to reward players for wh0ring points :/

zipper5 wrote:

Eh? In ArmA II and games similar to it, of course not. But that's the point of these other games. No teamwork at all, get as many points as you can and, in some cases, in the most creative fashion that you can. But that's the point of MP in games like BC2, COD4, etc. and I love it because of that, so yes, it does make sense. I play ArmA II and other games for two very distinct MP playing styles, and I enjoy both.

nice if u can enjoy playing both styles, me not to long or hardly and probably your the wrong person i'm telling this, once u can play both styles and also are a arma player hehee, but i also remember a time, where one just joined a server to have a good time, teamplay and fun without having to wait for 10 players to join, before a round could even start cause of glorious statspadders! no such splitted serverlandscapes and definitely no 32 slot ranked dedicated server at a price of 150 euros @ only one gsp per country, when the game hit the shelve in the beginning here in germany! sure, one can enjoy both, as u said, some longer, some shorter, but at what cost!?!? ranking and perks are nice gimmick, not only for lone wolfs, but i my oppinion, it rather kills teamkill or a enjoyable playing time after the vanilla bf2 and cod 4 experince i had on our own and other servers! anyway, i, we will have to deal/live with it 4 a while in the first half of the games lifespan, once thats what a lot of people want and are more crazy about, than the actuall game, since this kind of way of "gameplay", entered our online gaming battlefields. besides that, thats the way dice/ea earns their money on multplayer and 4 heaven sake, at least with dedi servers. guess thats the price/cost we will have to pay for all that unfortunately! sad but true. well, i'll better stfu here now, go to bed and post that, what i actually only wanted to post in the beginning, but u got me on that damn ranking stuff zipper5 :D

QA from Dice regarding the newly announced Bad Company 2 Limited Edition

The Limited Edition announcement raised some questions and created some discussion across the interwebs so here is a short FAQ to help answer questions we've seen by the community:

Limited Edition FAQ

Do I have to pay extra for the Limited Edition? No, it's the same price as the Standard Edition, just limited in quantity.

Do I have to reserve / pre-order to get the Limited Edition? No, but that's the safest way to ensure you get one since there will be a limited supply.

Can I get the unlocks featured in the Limited Edition if I miss out and can only get the Standard Edition? Yes, won't have the same day 1 advantage. You'll have to play through game and get the unlocks the standard way.

Where can I get the Limited Edition? We intend to sell it at as many retailers as possible, but it depends on where you live and how much your retailer wants to stock up. Once they're sold out, only the Standard Edition will be available.

Why don't I see the Limited Edition showing up at my favorite online retailer? It's up in some place like EA.com and will start to appear everywhere else. This is a busy time of the year and retailers are working hard to get this in place and it will be available both online and in-store.

Is the Limited Edition available on all three platforms? Yes: PC, PS3 and X360.

Will there be a Beta or Demo before the game comes out? Stay tuned to the blog or follow us on Twitter for future developments on all things Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Also, we got a great letter from Eddie J. in New Jersey and the entire team loved it. We really appreciate it and a huge thank you from all of us on the BFBC2 team!

//GvD

source: www.fpsadmin.com

n8 and nice weekend @ll

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

They did release patch 1.5 for Battlefield 2, so I guess that's something.

Never thought I would see 1.5, that's almost Valvian level of support.

Dice says thank you Eddie J.

You may be asking, who the hell is Eddie J . Well it seems that Eddie is a PC gamer and wanted to thank Dice for supporting the PC platform. So instead of sending Cake this time, he sent them a check. A check you say, just click the spoiler below to read his letter. See if you can figure out what game Eddie is not buying now.

Check_5F00_Blog01.jpg

If anyone is thinking about sending developers who don't support the PC platform a bar of soap. You can find their address first by clicking this link and then entering said companies name in the search box.

source

It would be shame if they drop dedicated support in the last minute, specially for Eddie J

Wow! :eek:

God, I want that. They're releasing it as a public beta? I friggen hope so. Definitely going to try it if it is.

Yeah PS3 this month and PC beta next month.

Yeah PS3 this month and PC beta next month.

Looks nice enough minus the unrealistic damage etc.

Still, you gotta expect that from DICE. Hopefully PRM will migrate to this engine :)

Also, why does every weapon in "consoleFPSworld" come with tracers? I'm surprised the knife doesn't have them :p

Also, why does every weapon in "consoleFPSworld" come with tracers? I'm surprised the knife doesn't have them :p

Maybe the throwing knives in MW2 do :D

Looks nice enough minus the unrealistic damage etc.

Still, you gotta expect that from DICE. Hopefully PRM will migrate to this engine :)

Because its not a realistic sim but a fast paced MP FPS...

EDIT: which looks really cool...

wow i havent seen any footage of Bc2 and ill have to say i will look more into this..

that humvee moment at the end was pure movie magic