Sign in to follow this  
MortenL

Question regarding conditions and deactivations in trigger

Hey guys

I need to make my trigger so when my player(name: s1) sits down, he won't take any damage, but when he stands up he will be able to take damage again.

So i wanted to keep it simple and make a trigger, now, aparently a trigger is not as dynamic as i thought.

I used the condition:

s1 setunitpos "MIDDLE";

Activation:

s1 allowdamage false;

Doesn't work.

Now, if you guys know how to get it to work, what if i write s1 allowdamage true; on the deactivation box, will it then disable each time the s1 player changes position to either UP or DOWN ?

Noob question i know, but i need to know how to tackle these kinds of triggers since i face them too often.

setunitpos is a statement that tell your unit to do something, not a condition. Use unitpos instead, that asks for the position.

It wont make your unit sit down though. Unit position are standing/kneeling/proning/auto.

setunitpos is a statement that tell your unit to do something, not a condition. Use unitpos instead, that asks for the position.

It wont make your unit sit down though. Unit position are standing/kneeling/proning/auto.

tried that (forgot to mention)

says "missing ;"

Well that depends on how you tried it. The condition would be something like unitpos s1 == "middle". That would still only react to when you're kneeling, not sitting.

Well that depends on how you tried it. The condition would be something like unitpos s1 == "middle". That would still only react to when you're kneeling, not sitting.

-Trigger-

Repeatedly

Condition:

unitpos s1 == "middle"

Activation:

s1 allowdamage false

Deactivation

s1 allowdamage true

----

Doesn't work ? :/