Sign in to follow this  
jblack9

Telling Infantry Units to Board Vehicles In High Command

Is it possible to tell one of your infantry units to board a vehicle unit under High Command?

Edited by Jblack9

Unfortunately not :(. I have seen it mentioned a few times though, so maybe it will appear in a later patch. Though if there is already a transport vehicle assigned to their squad, units will automatically board depending on the distance they need to travel.

Hmm...it says in the manual that you can tell them to while in high command through the interact menu?

Interact option in high-level command menu is context sensitive. You may

use it to load or unload infantry from vehicles or assign an enemy to be

attacked by selected group.

you can have them board an empty vehicle, but only in map mode. you put a waypoint on the map where the vehicle would be, right click on the waypoint and chose 1. TYPE and 8.GET IN.

Negative, Mr. Centipede. When i set the waypoint as "get in", the point disappears but the squad moves there anyway. However, they do not enter the vehicle. The vehicle is set as unlocked, is not moving and has enough room to accommodate the squad.

Try again, that's all I can say. it has works for me. Sometimes you have to move them further away then put the WP on the vehicle and set to GET IN. It gives you more time to select the WP and set the type. otherwise they will reach the WP first before you could change the type.

I cant figure out what i'm doing wrong. Even if i set several waypoints for them to follow, when they finish the command before the "get in" waypoint, the "get in" waypoint disappears off the map, yet the squad still moves to that point. I've tried setting the waypoint from the normal view too, then setting it as a "get in" with no results.

If i give a squad a waypoint and set it to "get in" in the editor, it works. Can anyone else get this to work?

(ps, i have installed the 1.04 patch)

is the vehicle is empty? or it already has a crew? it needed to be an empty vehicle. the one where you put in the editor the icon colour is yellow

yeah, an empty vehicle works. Thanks Mr Centipede. sorry about the confusion.

but what i really want is to order a squad, through the high command interface, to enter a vehicle that is a member of a different squad.

yeah, an empty vehicle works. Thanks Mr Centipede. sorry about the confusion.

but what i really want is to order a squad, through the high command interface, to enter a vehicle that is a member of a different squad.

then no, you cant. unless you do it via scripting. which I have no idea how to do it