Sign in to follow this  
CrazyAce

Creating composition templates

I’ve been seeing missions and mods that use custom composition templates, and thought to myself that would be cool to make my own defensive structures. I’ve looked around but for the life of me I can’t find how to make my own custom templates.

I’ve been to ArmATech that has a createcomposition script, but it doesn’t help when I don’t know what to do with it or how to use it.

I think I might have posted this in the wrong thread; should this question go into the O2 thread?

That script is to place the already defined Composition's. If your wanting to create your own, you can do it via script. Take a look at the Manhattan mission. They create that base from scratch.

Also, you can depbo the modules.pbo and look in DynO\data\scripts\compositions.. Look how they create them. Then run the edited script that Armaholic provides to look at your newly created Compositions.

Edited by Big_Daddy

That script is to place the already defined Composition's. If your wanting to create your own, you can do it via script. Take a look at the Manhattan mission. They create that base from scratch.

Also, you can depbo the modules.pbo and look in DynO\data\scripts\compositions.. Look how they create them. Then run the edited script that Armaholic provides to look at your newly created Compositions.

Ah well how be damn ;) Man that is a lot of guess work, to bad there isn't a 3D GUI program to speed up the process :)

Thanx for the reply.

Well, there kind of is.. You can use the Alt-E editor, place a cone or something in the middle, (ground zero) place your other items around it. Save it. Then you'll have the info you need to make your calculations for w/e-n/s placement. Also, your azimuth.

But the problem is that I can't save when using the 3D editor, as it keeps saying something like “at least one playable unit is needed to save the mission†:confused: And the 3D editor don’t have units that can be assigned as player that I have seen.