Sign in to follow this  
TheDecline

Editing Evolution

Two questions -

First, is it possible for someone with only a basic knowledge of mission making to add vehicles into Evolution and make them work with the ranks/respawn?

Second, if it is, can anyone run me through it? :)

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Edit: It seems I've posted this thread in the wrong place, could a mod please move it to the Arma 2 editing forum?

Edited by TheDecline

There are a lot of evo versions out there and who knows if they use the same methods.

You have to use a program like Seeker (well,t hat's my favourite search tol) to search the scripts for vehicle names and relevant key words to build up a picture of how the whole thing is connected.

I have also found that ExamDiff is an excellent tool for learning how Evo is scripted. You could start with the original, vanilla version of Evo and then start comparing the scripts that were changed by modders in their customized versions. You will fairly quickly learn how to manipulate the scripts from that too.

add vehicles in the mission.sqm

like this

class Item190

{

position[]={4822.1738,339,9984.5938};//

azimut=220;

id=256;

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="MV22";

skill=0.60000002;

};

just make sure your id no.s don't repeat

and then change the

class Vehicles

{

items=190;

to

class Vehicles

{

items=191;

to take account of the added vehicle

you can learn where to position it by putting it in an empty map in the editor and then de-pbo-ing your map and copying the co-ordinates across to the evo mission.sqm.

in order to make it respawn you need to add a line into

data/scripts/sinits

{

_type = TypeOf _x;

switch (_type) do

{

case "MV22":

{

if(Param1 == 7) then {deletevehicle _x} else {

_unit = [_x,_type,300] spawn {[_this select 0,_this select 1,_this select 2] call BIS_EVO_VecRm};

};

};

and to make access rank-dependent, add a line into data/scripts/vecinit

case "MV22":

{

if (score _dunit < _rank3) then {_handle = [_dunit,_rank3] execVM "data\scripts\req.sqf";[_unit] call EVO_Eject};

};

just change the rank value to 1-6 depending on your choice

that's it for standard vehicles. For custom modded ones, it's a little more complicated. Let me know if you need help with that. I usedto have arma1 evolution working with a full set of russian vehicles - hinds, bmds, bmp-aa's, zu23 trucks, SA6 Gainful, modified su34's, scud ICBM launcher, BRDM-AA, BTR-80, etc etc

pretty straightforward to do once you get the procedure

ah I just noticedtha tthe BIS guys put in a replacement vecinit called EVO_vecinit, so pay attention to that script instead...

Edited by eggbeast