Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

setPos a Trigger?

I'm using triggername setPos [x,y,z]

to set my trigger at 1000m in the sky (z-coordinate). Its not working though since my trigger is still activating when I'm at ground level.

Are you trying to activate a trigger only by air units? There's been some threads about that lately you can search for. They were about only ground units trigger it, but same idea. :)

well yeah I'm trying to make air units not be able to fly above 1500M to prevent some rendering exploit in warfare.

I didn't think triggers were affected by height of themselves/units. As far as I knew you could only limit their range on the x/y plane, and they have infinite "scanning range" on the Z axis.

An idea would be just to make a script that checks plane altitudes, and if its above 1500M, then just setPos them below it or destroy them.

An idea would be just to make a script that checks plane altitudes, and if its above 1500M, then just setPos them below it or destroy them.

Both solutions are too good for 'em! Set their velocity downwards at 600! :) Fly too high and whoosh into the ground.

Wow... you just gave me a ridiculous idea to try in my free time. Wonder what would happen if you used setDir to reverse a plane's direction without changing velocity. That'll be interesting from the cockpit.

use something like this as trigger condition so the trigger will only activate if the unit that triggers it is also above 1000m

this and getpos (thislist select 0) select 2 > 1000

regards

scars09