Sign in to follow this  
Skyline On Fire

I love ARMA2, should i pick up ARMA1?

I think there is no harm to add it into your collection, yet if you really start playing BI games since CWC i dont thing you really gain much for going back

I think il pick it up, just to complete my BI game collection, its the only one i havent got. ARMA and its expansions that is. Thanks guys.

Hi! I too played OFP then skipped ARMA but have picked up ARMA 2 and have been playing without issue. I decided to get the original ARMA as a digital download for like $20 bucks but had HUGE problems trying to get ARMA 1 to run on my Windows 7 pc. After scouring the internet I found that few people can run ARMA on Windows 7 but most can't. Thankfully the place I got ARMA 1 from allows for return by agreeing to delete the download and ageeing to a destruction of electronic media document. I do see now that there is a project for ARMA 2 that has converted the ARMA 1 missions, so I'm looking into that now.

I think I'd just get the Sahrani island mods for Arma2 instead. The campaign isn't worth it, unless you have a great desire to support BIS. Which would be ok of course :)

One of the best Arma1 mods ever, ACE, doesn't work very well with singleplayer missions/campaign, and I'm not sure how many are still playing Arma1/ACE in multiplayer anymore. Others will have to answer this.

Although Arma1 have a couple of decent enough campaign missions, the campaign just doesn't feel like a campaign. You don't get attached to any characters, and the whole thing feel more like a series of singleplayer missions thrown together into a campaign.

If I was short on cash, I would rather go for the upcoming addon and/or OFP DR (oh crap, now I've done it :D), than buying a by now outdated game.

Honestly i just like playing scenarios/campaign, singleplayer stuff rather than online with ARMA style games. Im already getting OPFDR for console and PC, i dont think its going to come close to ARMA but the campaign is COOP 4 player, so its something i can do over Xbox live. Il pick the original arma up anyway, just to see what its like. Thanks guys