Sign in to follow this  
daza

Help needed, i need a script that...

Can anyone create a script for me as im afraid this is out of my depth. You will get a credit for it be assured. Its for a tracking addon im making.

How do you make a small object like a small soda can object glow a certain colour or perhaps even better have a static smoke particle effect during the daylight? (not sure what to do if its night-time though, worry about that one later lol) and when you come very close to the object the effect disappears so you can clearly see can. And if you move away, the effect comes back.

This is for a tracking addon im making. I already have a basic script working (thanks to some of you guys that have been giving me help.) And as it is, you can track a unit, but it can be easy to lose sight of the cans, as a group of players it would be easy to comb the field and find new ones as you head in the direction of quarry. But if its less than 3 players, it will get quite hard especially in a grassy area.

I've looked into attachlightobject and downloaded an example and had a play with that. But its only good for at night.

Is it possible to also be able to alter the density of the glow/particle effect so further away player is from it, it will be harder to see (cant have it too obvious). And also useful for age of created object, ie over time it fades even more, even if not far from it. When the player is standing next to the can object (in the near future this will be changed to something better) have the particle effect disappear atogether as mentioned the reason why is the can needs to be visable up close to see the tab, which indicates the direction of quarry you are tracking.

But the glow/effect cant be too big that its too easy to spot. Ideally it can be seen 30-50 meters away (will have to play around with that). It has to be

sort of an aid to find, but not a dead give away. (Perhaps later on, a ranking system could be employed that a player/unit can gain a skill level which he can spot the tracks much more quickly but only he can see a slightly larger particle effect around can...)

Doing something like this is way beyond my ability, so if someone can help me write a script for this it would be much appreciated. The script would be called within a script i have already working for creating a can every 20 seconds as long as the unit is still alive. The static particle/glow effect

should have a basic color like plain red. And if there are other units that need tracking, im sure it will be easy to change colour effect for them.

If im not clear please ask me to clarify. Thanks for anyones help!

Daza