Sign in to follow this  
Rhodesy77

PA_F88 - need help.

G'day, well the last few days ive been working on the F88's for the Project Aus mod. anyway this is my very first time working with weapons, and while im making some progress alot of it is hit and miss. b4 i go on id just like to ask if anyone is willing to take these off my hands lol, as i have alot of things that also need work... anyway onto my issues.

ok theres a few, but ill start with these. first off the muzle flash is stuck there, now im sure its a simple fix and something stupid on my side of things, as ive seen it on plenty of other addons. (see screenshot1 (Red)) and then there is the trigger, currently im using a modified version of the config CMF team used for their weapons pack in a2. (simply used it to learn off of and i think its a good starting point) anyway this is the animation part of the config for the trigger.

class trigger
		{
			type="rotationZ"; //The type of animation.
			source="reload";   //The controller that provides input.
			selection="trigger"; //The name of the skeleton bone used.
			axis="trigger_axis";                  //The name of the axis in the model.
			minValue=0; //The minimum value of the motion range. i.e. The controller input when animation phase is 0.
			maxValue="1"; //The maximum value of the motion range. i.e. The controller input when animation phase is 1.
			angle0="0";   //The starting angle of this animation, where the animation phase is 0.
			angle1="-1"; //The ending angle of this animation, where the animation phase is 1.
		};
	};

now the problem here is that the trigger seems to go off a much larger radius, like, well hard to explain so see screenshot1 (Blue), however it was like this with the defualt config settings, yet i tried to change em with no visual differences. now im also guessing this is something simple on my part.. and yes its named correctly, and i have the trigger axis where i think it should be lol.

Screenshot1:

arma22009-09-2015-41-40-55.jpg

now onto another problem, in first person the hands show through the rifle. ive heard of this happening a few times, but cant for the life of me remember what caused it. see screenshot2

Screenshot2:

arma22009-09-2015-41-28-29.jpg

also another thing, these are all BF2 ports, and as such dont have selections for RVMATs (i think thats how u put them?) so far i have only a NOHQ for each of the skins, but id like to add a RVMAT for them all, how do i go about doing this?

also please keep in mind im fairly new to modding from scratch, so decent explanations would be great, and once again if anyone is willing to lend a hand with these (as in take them off of mine lol) i would be damn happy to hand them over, but i have to say, they do need alot of work (just texture work and config, the 0.00res lod is done for all the varients, just the rest isnt... lol)

anyway, Cheers

Rhodesy.

P.S. if u need me to post up any config, or screenshot of my memory LOD then just ask. but seeing as its not all my config, i held off doing it for now.

is no one willing to give us a hand? or at the very least point me in the right direction?...

looks like a few selection issues in the model firstly, hit me up on msn when you are online and i'll show you how to do rvmats dude

I really am very newbish when it comes to config editing, I can just alter things not really make new things.

Only input I have for this is... the second screenshot. First off it looks like the gun placement is off a llittle but going by what you said of the hands showing through the rifle... this might possibly be related to perspective rendering issues like when you're in a boat/vehicle?

For example if you attach someone in the middle of zodiac and get in it, you will only see the part of their model that is not overlapping the boat's model unless they are in a cargo position/proxy. Sorry I know that answers nothing but hoping its worth thinking about/looking into.

Make sure the muzzle flash is in the "sections[]" of your model config, called zasleh. Make sure the muzzle flash is named that in O2 as well. This tells ArmA2 engine that the object is the muzzle flash.

Here's the example from my Steyr:

class usec_iw_steyr: Weapon
{
	sections[]=
	{
		"[b]zasleh[/b]"
	};
	skeletonName="iw_steyr";
	sectionsInherit = "Weapon";
	class Animations
	{
		class bolt_empty
		{
			type="translation";
			source="isEmpty";
			sourceAddress = "clamp";
			selection="bolt_empty";
			axis="bolt_empty_axis";
			memory=1;
			minValue=0;
			maxValue=1.000000;
			offset0=0;
			offset1=-1;
		};
		class magazine_hide
		{
			type="hide";
			source="reloadMagazine";
			selection="magazine";
			minValue=0.200000;
			maxValue=0.250000;
			hideValue=0.100000;
		};
	};
};

Forget about the trigger animation, none of the BIS weapons do it that I know of. And nobody can even really see it anyway.

Edited by Rocket