Sign in to follow this  
*zeewolf*

Releases + downloads /= feedback?

I've recently released a whole bunch of Multiplayer missions, they seem to have been popular with 400 odd downloads, but I've not had any feedback.

I have released several "packs", each consisting of three missions of a Battlefield1985 conquest style of gameplay based on scripts by ])a)(. They are:

Battlefield1985 conquest pack 1 v1.1

Battlefield1985 conquest pack 2

Battlefield1985 conquest pack 3

I'm very interested in what people think of the Saint Phillippe AI demo I put in pack 2, as it includes scripting to allow AI players to autonomously operate vehicles (locating and boarding empty vehicles, switching to the gunner's seat when they detect an enemy, use a "manual fire" like mode in helicopters). This comes in real handy for balancing the team numbers out.

I've also released an Oddball Mission Pack which brings Halo like Oddball gameplay to OFP. I've made a "Crazy King of the Hill" style game type (again copied from Halo), I'll release that too if anyone's interested.

Most feedback from my experience are sent in discussion forum threads, so you've finally come to the right place, though I'm not sure if there are any community members into that kind of missions around anymore.

I'd be glad to test the missions, but since they're larger type of multiplayer missions, I wouldn't be able to get enough players myself for them to be in their element, I'm afraid. :(

You should also send your missions to OFPEC, where they will review your mission along with a newspost, for even more popularity.

Good luck getting any feedback at all with OFP missions. It's the old story, screenshots of a never-released M4 pack in the Addon: Discussion section of the OFP/ArmA/A2 forums will generate far more interest and feedback than a mission, especially an OFP one. I wish people could at least take the time to say "I enjoyed A, B and C, but X, Y and Z sucked".

Make missions that you and your coop mates enjoy, to hell with the so-called "community".

Your made mission need a good strong PC,i try and it crash my pc.

Crashed your PC?! I've tested this out on quite a few PCs, it worked on an EEE PC 901 (1.6GHz Atom, 1GB RAM, Intel GMA950 Graphics). It's currently being run on my work's LAN which is mostly 2.8GHz P4's, 1GB RAM, Intel GMA950 (this is why I'm still making stuff for OFP), usually 6 player games with non-dedicated servers. So there shouldn't be any performance issues.

The Oddball stuff especially is no more complicated than BIS's template missions. I'm surprised because I see MP servers still online with people playing on them (I stick to my LAN however), but the maps they're playing seem pretty mundane, you'd have thought the people running the servers would be interested in getting new maps.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Most feedback from my experience are sent in discussion forum threads, so you've finally come to the right place, though I'm not sure if there are any community members into that kind of missions around anymore.

I'd be glad to test the missions, but since they're larger type of multiplayer missions, I wouldn't be able to get enough players myself for them to be in their element, I'm afraid. :(

You should also send your missions to OFPEC, where they will review your mission along with a newspost, for even more popularity.

Like I said, I'm most interested in what people think of the AI demo in pack 2 (BF Saint Phillippe.Eden.pbo), it's the only one with the AI scripting that allows single-player vs. bots, Battlefield 1942 style. I realise they're not perfect, but due to the lack of similar scripts it's the closest I've found to replicating Battlefield gameplay in single-player. The question is, are they good enough to provide an entertaining game?